Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 07-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default Public Service Announement - How NOT To Act When You Get Fir

http://software.silicon.com/security...9122143,00.htm

Quote:
An aggrieved teenager, sacked from his �120-per-week job, has taken revenge on his bosses by bombarding them with five million emails, effectively crippling their website.

The spam-happy youngster was sacked for failing to complete his time-sheet and decided to launch a denial of service attack against those who had wronged him at UK insurers Domestic & General.

The five-million mail attack brought the company's servers to their knees, brought down the corporate website and cost an estimated �18,000 in lost business (an amount it would have taken almost three years for the youth to earn).

The angry youth has admitted using a spam tool which he downloaded from the internet, capable of sending 100 emails every second, according to the Sun newspaper.

According to the paper he claimed the emails were harmless and constituted nothing more offensive or damaging than "classic lines" from several movies - while clearly choosing not to revisit the fact he sent a server-crippling five million of them.

Um, Ya. Not a good idea. I know I wouldn't hire someone back or give them a good reference if they acted like this! :lol:

Old 07-13-2004, 04:04 PM
aristoBrat
Philosopher

Forget rehiring or references, ... they should sue the twirp for the damages that he intentionally caused. Argh!