Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Laptop Thoughts Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Joel Crane
Intellectual

In general, I can't say that I really agree with Ed, especially on his second point regarding automatic updates. His example uses Chrome itself, not Chrome OS! That isn't even applicable!

I received a CR-48 from Google in December, and since I had just purchased my own netbook, I figured that the CR-48 could go to my wife. Before our marriage, she was at her parent's home (we aren't very far out of high school) using Macs. The CR-48 has been a perfect fit for her. I can say that it has been 100 percent reliable, update after update. I haven't had a single tab crash, much less anything worse.

Windows on the other hand has a terribly annoying update process. Ever turned on your computer to get something done, and ended up waiting 10 minutes for updates to install at boot? Not on the CR-48.

Also, GOOGLE TESTS EVERYTHING THROUGHLY BEFORE YOU GET IT. C'mon people! It's Google!

Also, the connectivity issue is bogus. I'm a college student working at a pizza place, and I have an Android phone with no data plan. That's right, no data plan. I've got WiFi everywhere I go. If your corporate building doesn't have enough AP's to blanket your whole building, you need to fire your IT staff and start over.