Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 09-11-2004, 12:19 AM
aliensub
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski
dadarkmcse, thank you, you saved me lots of typing, but i want to add some more:
*there is no good ide for programmers of any language, none is near visual studio
*most of vital programs are only working on windows machines, very little companies are writing drivers for peripherals for linux machines.
*VERY HARD TO LEARN AND USE, even i am a programmer, i have so much diffuculties when using linux, and how come an avarage user manage to use linux???
*windows xp uses system resources much more efficiently than linux
Not to start a flame but to say an OS sucks just because it doesn�t fit your needs is a pretty rugh statement.
1. I am not a programmer but with many of the C and C++ programmers i know prefer to code in Linux because of the superior IDE�s there is (Emacs, KDevelop etc.) They are propably not so point and as VS but more efficient.

2. Actually for the 90% of the peoble out there with a computer Linux has programs for it. Office suite, Email and browsers, Mediaplayers etc. Then we just come to point of setting it up, here many peoble will run away screaming

3. Linux is in no way as simple as Windows and is not intended to (although many peoble try to make it sound as a plug�n�play system). As stated earlier it started out for advanced users and still is although making it more userfriendly. I think there will go many years (if ever) where it will be easy for everybody to use. The only places i think it suits as a desktop machine is with computer nerds (or wannabees as myself) and enterprises where novices doesn�t have to install and setup systems.

4. I think it�s the first time I have heard that one. Linux is known for it�s better handling of ressources because of it�s way it handle the processes independently. Linux is true multitasking. How many times haven�t we seen Explorer dragging the whole computer with it.

Well i will stop now before i get to much offtopic