Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 10-07-2003, 03:33 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus
Well, talking about commercials, down here, beer commercials are banned from TVs by the government. Due to some religious reason.
Two words: Drunk nuns

:mrgreen:

Old 10-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Skoobouy
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to Skoobouy

Hmph. Some of the later jokes on here were funny, but I feel that many of the jokes in the first post were pretty sick. My dad thought he'd be funny and sent something similar to my mother--problem is, he'd always sort of behaved towards her like she was a "house elf." It wasn't funny; it upset her greatly.

Look: the reason why some of the more destructive parts of feminism exist is because too many men have refused to treat women with the respect they deserve, in the most basic and easy of ways (like not posting stuff like that). It's not a question of "turnabout is fair play"--the very expectation that women should be docile in the face of jokes like "There is a clock on the oven" is a kind of sneer triumphalism.

Your own wives' responses is not a valid signal that sensitivity is no longer called for in the public forum.