goirish!!
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspalding
Quote:
Originally Posted by goirish!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspalding
Front Page server extensions have little to do with PHP support. though ... if you want to explore using PHP and MySQL, you should look for a host which supports those. I should think that most sites will offer Front Page access, and Dreamweaver ... I thought ... was done via FTP, but that was a couple of versions ago. Allaire Homesite had the same or similar feature. <:}
When trying to upload my page I get an error saying that the host does not accept .php (FrontPage extensions). I guess this is what I was basing my info on. I called "tech support" who could only tell me that Charter could not accept .php and several others. They apparently only take FTP formats.
THANKS!! I have been hit by a virus over the last couple of days so I haven't been on top of this as of yet. (Reformatting and all)

I will look at the program you mention but the more I think about it I might just go with an inexpensive hosting service that will accept FrontPage so I don't have to do more than just update my info and then upload it.

Again, thanks for following up.

Would someone explain to us WTF an "FTP format" web page is? %^}

FTP is File Transfer Protocol, it's an Internet protocol/server/client to move files from your computer here to that computer there. It has nothing to do with files on your web server.

Maybe Mr. Mental Defect in Tech Support whom you spoke with meant that you could only upload files to your site with FTP...? If there are no FrontPage extensions then you can't "publish" your site with FP, but must move your files with FTP. If so, this is a fairly shallow learning curve for you to climb. Get a copy of WS_FTP and read the help files.