View Full Version : Smartphone for use with my Tmobile contract

TheFenceChild
07-16-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm kind of new to this site, this being my first post and all and I was wondering which phone you would recommend that I can use on Tmobile that runs Windows Mobile on it. I'm not necessarily looking for the newest, "top of the line model", just looking for one to kind of break me into smartphones, and I'd prefer one with Windows Mobile. I've been looking at a couple on Ebay(mainly the Motorola MPX200 and the Audiovox SMT5600), and I'm not really sure which one to get. The MPX200 would only cost me just over $100 including shipping and handling while the SMT5600 would cost me anywhere from $170-$220 inluding shipping and handling. I know the MPX200 is a European phone and I was wondering if I would get decent enough rececption here in Texas. The SMT5600 is obviously more expensive, but are the features worth the price difference? Neither of these phones are Tmobile, but I could get either of them unlocked on Ebay, which leads me to my last question. Would using an unlocked phone hinder the phones ability at all? In phone use of internet use? Of course if you know of any other smartphones that would be good that would be cool too! Thanks in advance for any help! :evil:

Mike Temporale
07-17-2006, 01:56 AM
The MPx200 is not just European. It was also available here from AT&T. It runs Windows Mobile 2002. I wouldn't waste your money on this. It's a lot old and slow.

The 5600 is a good phone. It runs Windows MObile 2003 SE - which is 2 releases since the MPx200. However, for the price, you would be better to get a newer SDA from T-Mo. With contract and rebates, you can get one for next to nothing. Check out the links on the home page to Amazon. They've always got a nice rebate going.

Another phone to consider would be the Voq. It's an older phone, but it's better than the MPx200 and it can be found for $90 or so. It's larger than most and does'nt have bluetooth or a camera.

TheFenceChild
07-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Well i already have tmobile and cant extend my contract right now so the SDA would be really expensive for me.

Mike Temporale
07-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Ah, I see now that you have cross posted this to another forum. Please don't cross post. Now we have the same discussion going on in two different places.

Let's continue this in the other thread. http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11690

Thanks. :D