Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Developer

Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default What's Coming In The First WP7 Update

http://blog.walshie.me/2011/01/25/f...-that-are-real/

"It's hard to believe something like this was missing, but even more so people actually missed using it (the generic excuse from fruit phone owners when bagging the platform). Sure there are certain scenarios where it's required, but only a few...Having said that, in the first update you're getting copy and paste. For reals!"

This cat's been out of the bag so long, it's begotten a litter. But the details count - copy and paste will only be available in a text control box, which somewhat limits its usefulness. I'd be interested if it works on web pages with IE, for example. The other two big items - WP7 will work much faster than ever, and the sideloading security hole exposed by the Chevron WP7 tool will be closed. Not exactly an overhaul update, but there's meat on them thar bones.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Philip Colmer
Thoughts Media Review Team

Apologies for not being able to link to where I read this, but apparently the copy & paste functionality will work anywhere on the MS apps, but will require a text box on third party apps.

So that should mean that copy/paste will be possible in IE.

Fingers crossed. I'm sure that MS had a pretty good reason for imposing the limitation(s).

Old 01-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Colmer View Post
Apologies for not being able to link to where I read this, but apparently the copy & paste functionality will work anywhere on the MS apps, but will require a text box on third party apps.

So that should mean that copy/paste will be possible in IE.

Fingers crossed. I'm sure that MS had a pretty good reason for imposing the limitation(s).
So for example: If I receive an email and I want to copy part of the text to another email or a SMS will I be able to do it?

This scenario is the one where I mostly use, and right no miss, Copy/Paste.