Laptop Thoughts - News & Reviews on Laptops, Netbooks, Slates, and More

Be sure to register in our forums! Share your opinions, help others, and enter our contests.

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > LAPTOP THOUGHTS > Slate & Tablet Hardware > Other Slates & Tablets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Tablet Forecast - Sunny with Lots of Choices!

http://jkontherun.com/2010/07/14/th...what-to-expect/

"As a long-time tablet enthusiast, it is with amusement that I watch the “new” tablet space taking shape. The Microsoft Tablet PC may have been around for a decade, but the newly released iPad has defined a new market for slates. Sales numbers for the iPad have been good, and tablet makers are racing to get their models to market late this year and early next year. Here’s what I expect to see coming down the pipe."

Smaller iPads, bigger Android devices, and hopefully something to show from the Windows camp.  Supposedly the next version of Android (Gingerbread) will support screen resolutions of up to 1366×768 which will really open up the market for larger screen Android devices.  The huge success of Android based phones over the last year has made people a lot more comfortable with the idea of this as an alternative OS, so I'm betting that while Linux for the most part failed at being a viable alternative for most users when netbooks came out, Android may just succeed.