Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > LG Windows Phones

Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Hands-on With Windows Phone 7 and LG Panther

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/331...windows-phone-7

"Microsoft demoed the latest build of its Windows Phone 7 operating software today, on a prototype LG Panther handset (previously unveiled back in February) which is currently being used by a senior company executive. For all intents and purposes, it was working very smoothly, and gave an excellent glimpse at the potential of the new OS as many of the major features were up and running."

As we move closer to the launch date of Windows phone 7 - which is still probably five months away at best - we'll see more from the companies making the phones. I think Microsoft and their partners realize they can't have quite the same level of "We won't show you anything until it ships" - they know they need to maintain excitement about their new platform. The LG Panther looks like a nice device - but I'm still more excited about that Dell Lightning...

Old 05-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Monty Gibson
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
The LG Panther looks like a nice device - but I'm still more excited about that <a href="http://windowsphonethoughts.com/news/show/97850/the-dell-lighting-one-hot-windows-phone-7-device.html" target="_blank">Dell Lightning</a>...</p>
Why are you more focused on the Dell? It looks to have M&M keys and that; for a lot of us, is hard to wrap our heads around.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Fritzly
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Gibson View Post
Why are you more focused on the Dell? It looks to have M&M keys and that; for a lot of us, is hard to wrap our heads around.
Well the Dell has a more "innovative" design so to speak so I could understand the level of attention it grabbed. This one look like the one they used for the original presentation in February but I could be wrong.

Said that not even one of the pictures of the "Lightning" portraited the new OS and this seems very weird to me but who knows? The review of the LG Panther completely omitted any hardware specs so...

Honestly I am not paying much attention to WP7 related news because I will not adopt it; not because of the GUI, that still looks intriguing to me but because of the artificial limitaitons MS set for this class of devices.

Last edited by Fritzly; 05-20-2010 at 03:11 PM..