Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Articles & Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Panasonic Lumix G10 Reviewed

http://www.photographyblog.com/revi...iew/conclusion/

"The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 is outwardly very similar to the 18-month old DMC-G1 camera, so a lot of the comments that we made about that model's handling apply equally to the G10. Measuring 124 x 83.6 x 74mm and weighing 336g without a lens attached, the G10 is exactly the same size but 50g lighter than its predecessor, largely because the G1's rotating, free-angle LCD monitor has been replaced by a fixed screen. Despite the Micro moniker, users with average-sized hands can still operate the G10 comfortably - I found that I naturally gripped the camera with the thumb, middle and fourth finger of my right hand, whilst operating the shutter button with my fore-finger and supporting either the lens or camera body with my left hand."

The big deal with the G10 seems to be the fact that for $599, you get the camera and a 14-42mm lens - and a micro-four thirds camera that shoots 720p video. Overall, Photography Blog really liked this camera, giving it four out of five stars.