Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 04-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default SanDisk Can't Keep a Secret: Microsoft "Pink" Phones Being Announced on Monday

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=5797

"Today SanDisk confirmed that the 'Project Pink' device(s) to be announced on Monday by Microsoft will have memory card slots and will be compatible with SanDisk's microSD cards."

And just like that, SanDisk's over-eager PR people have blown Microsoft's launch announcement. And for what? No one cares if a phone has a microSD card slot SanDisk - they'd only care if it didn't have one. This is PR at its worst - bumbling, useless efforts that only serve to embarrass the company doing it. Somebody needs to go back to PR school and get taught the basics again: you don't screw up your partner's launch.

UPDATE: SanDisk contacted me with a statement. "The SanDisk PR team sent a handful of reporters some information about our microSD cards today referencing a widely anticipated Microsoft announcement on Monday. While we reiterated a launch date that has been widely reported this week, it was not our place to do so. However, to be clear, SanDisk has no specific information on Microsoft's plans and we did not confirm any details, card slot or otherwise, about a potential Microsoft product in the pitch we shared. SanDisk is very excited about the opportunities in the mobile category and consumer's growing demand for increasing amounts of flash storage memory on their devices. Our pitch was designed to demonstrate that enthusiasm and nothing more." - SanDisk PR Team

Old 04-10-2010, 01:07 AM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Not much of a 'partner' either. Its just some component in the phone. Its like the screen mfgr came out and announced the launch of the phone because the phone would include an LCD!