Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Software (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Vincent Ferrari
Executive Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Vincent Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent Ferrari
Default MLB.com At Bat Gets More Live Games

http://www.businessinsider.com/more...hone-app-2009-7

"Major League Baseball is expanding the slate of live games that it will stream live to Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and iPod touch via its $9.99 MLB At Bat app. After installing an update now available on the App Store, MLB.TV and MLB.TV Premium subscribers -- $50-$70 for the rest of the season -- are now able to stream the league's full schedule of games live to their phones."

If you're an MLB.tv or MLB.tv Premium subscriber, you can watch live games (with the exceptions of blackout games) on your iPhone wherever you are.  I've checked out the free games and they aren't of bad quality.  I wouldn't call it a great quality experience, but if you're away from a TV and wanna catch your favorite team, it's not a bad way to do it.

MLB.com At Bat was the first app I ever bought for the iPhone, and it remains one of the most used apps on it.  I really hope the NBA, NHL, and NFL do something similar for us at some point (although apparently the NFL is so deeply in bed with Sprint that that might never happen).