Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Chris Gohlke
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Anyone Else Having a Problem With Their Red2Blu Order?

I placed my order back on 4/24/2009 with delivery confirmation and it was received by them on 4/30/2009.  The web site indicated you'd received an e-mail when they received your order.  By 5/7/2009 I'd not received an e-mail so called.  I was told they had received my order and that they were just waiting for Casablanca to get in stock to ship it out.  The expected wait was 1 to 2 weeks.  Called again on 6/15/2009 since I had not received them.  I was told they still had not gotten it in stock and expected it in 2 to 4 weeks.  I asked if there was anything they could do like split my order or substitute a different movie.  The representative told me that "they" (their bosses) said no.  Asked to speak to "they" and was told they don't take calls.  Asked to leave them a message with my complaint and the representative said they would deliver it, but that "they" do not reply to complaints.  So with no other options, I gave up for the day.

Today I received a postcard stating the following:

"Dear Customer:

Thank you for your recent order.  Unfortunately, due to delays in restocking our inventory, we are unable to process your order at this time.  Please contact us at your earliest convenience for the expected ship date, or to cancel your order.  Your product will be shipped upon availability.  Please refer to the information listed on the reverse side of this card when calling on your order.  

Once again we greatly appreciate your business and apologize fo this inconvenience.

Thank you."

First off, I thought it was kind of stupid to send a postcard telling me to call.  Why could they not have just saved some money and sent me an e-mail with the actual information (no printing, postage, or phone charges)?  When I did call, I was given two options.  1) Cancel, but I would not get the covers I had to mail in back or 2) Pay double shipping for them to split up the order.  Option 1 was clearly unacceptable and after waiting 2 months, I didn't really feel like paying a $6.95 premium.  

Warner Brothers had a great idea in coming up with the Red2Blu promotion.  I'd already paid for the content in HD anyway, so what a better way to get goodwill (and probably a little profit) than by re-offering the same titles on BluRay at a discount.  Unfortunately, their poor service and follow-through will probably offset any goodwill they might have gained, at least from me.