Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Don't Type in Text, Swype It

http://www.swypeinc.com/product.html

"Swype provides a faster and easier way to input text on any screen. With one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard, the patented technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methods-at over 50 words per minute. The application is designed to work across a variety of devices such as phones, tablets, game consoles, kiosks, televisions, virtual screens and more."

We're always wishing for better methods of inputting text - I personally struggle getting any significant speed with on-screen keyboards, and always opt for a hardware keyboard. But after seeing Swype demonstrated, I think they might be on to something. There's a slight learning curve, but not much - check out the video after the break and let me know if this is something you'd like to see on your next Windows Mobile Professional smartphone.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:41 PM
drewsj
Neophyte

I absolutely agree that swype or something similar is almost a necessity for wp7. When I first used swype on a friends phone I immediately searched only to find nothing at all, but what surprised me the most was very little mention or uproar about it. I really hope there is an alternative very soon or I will jump ship on my next upgrade most likely.