Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Windows Mobile 6.5 Designer Themes Outed

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20...bile-65-themes/

"In one of the latest builds to have leaked (among the many that has), build 21202 for those of you playing at home, are the much talked about bundled designer themes, including but not limited to the pink and white Gingham by Isaac Misrahi. It is now revealed some of the other designers are Ron Arad, Vera Wang, Rock and Republic and Diane von Fürstenberg. Simply said, they look great."

Well you can't blame Microsoft for not trying, even if these aren't exactly earth shattering stuff. I like the transparencies built into the UI, but I wouldn't mind giving some these wallpapers a miss. I've heard that MS is also updating the Windows Mobile theme power toy (which hasn't seen an update since 2002); I can't wait to see what some of the WM community's designers - Juni comes to mind - will come up with.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
paschott
Intellectual

I have to admit, I don't quite know what's up with that plaid theme. For some reason that kept popping up in all of the initial screenshots and I have no idea why they'd leak a theme like that. It definitely doesn't make me want a new device if it starts with something like that. Maybe I'm just in the minority there, though.

Still, the concept is intriguing and I'm glad that MS has backed off of their "only future devices" stance. Now if they'll just find a way to open up the app store to current devices, they may be on to something.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Lord_Zelo
Pupil

As pretty as this interface is, and as much of a step up as it is from WM 6.1... It still isn't very "finger friendly"....

Old 04-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

The new UI is okay, I guess, but if I were to upgrade to 6.5, I'd still end up installing all the useful Spb Software House apps on my today screen:

I just like having quick access to the information and applications that are stored on my WM device.