Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default fring 2.0 Adds Support for Twitter to Windows Mobile

http://www.fring.com/

"fring is a mobile internet community and communication service that allows friends to connect, share experiences and enhance their online communities together. Using your handset′s internet connection, you can interact with friends on all your favourite social networks including Skype®, MSN Messenger®, Google Talk, ICQ, SIP, Twitter, Yahoo! and AIM®. You can listen to music with your Last.fm friends, check out what each other are up to on Facebook, receive alerts of new Google Mail and tailor make your very own fring by adding more cool experiences from fringAdd-ons."

I'm not a fring user myself, but if you are, the newly-added support for Twitter might be exactly what you've been waiting for. Any fring users out there? What do you think of the product/service?

Old 03-31-2009, 06:32 PM
TopDog
Sage
Send a message via Skype™ to TopDog

fring is a great service. It's got many great features, but it's quite clear that it's primarily developed for Symbian.

On my Nokia E71 it looks awesome and works perfect, but it looks ugly on Windows Mobile. With a bit of tuning GUI vise it would be really great!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Bob Anderson
Thinker

Interesting. Now that there is twitter support I might just have to give this a shot. I like that the messenger functions and twitter could be "put together".

Old 03-31-2009, 09:28 PM
deenoo
Neophyte

I have not try out the new twitter addon yet, but so far I have been enjoying my experience with fring. The ability to log into multiple IM application at the same time, and especially the ability to use call via Skype or via phone depending on your choice.

What draw me into fring in the first place was the ability to log in and chat & call your friends (via Skype Out) even without sim card in it as long as you can get internet access (via usb connection to your laptop or if your phone has wifi built in).

It has got everything that Skype mobile have and more. I can no longer go back to Skype mobile. (which I don't really get why news media get so hype about Skype on iPhone when fring has been on iPhone for quite a while. Granted, I don't own an iPhone, so I don't really know how well fring works on iPhone)

Old 04-01-2009, 04:33 AM
freitasm
Oracle

But... Fring has supported Twitter since its first versions... This is just an updated Twitter pluggin.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:29 AM
heliod
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by freitasm View Post
But... Fring has supported Twitter since its first versions... This is just an updated Twitter pluggin.
Yes, there were some small innacuracies here. Actually it is not Fring 2.0, but Fring 3.37 and Twitter 2.0 Add-On, which adds some new functionality that was not in the Twitter 1.0 Add-On.

Twitter support is getting stronger in Fring, maybe soon it will be a great Twitter Client (it is already good compared to everything in the market except PockeTwit).

Helio

Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 PM
RayanMX
Pupil

I've been using Fring for the longest time... But mainly because it does not drain the battery as much as other solutions...

However I wish they could fix the MSN Messenger contacts problem soon, because if your contacts tend to change their online signature a lot or if you have several contacts named the same it is very frustrating to determine who is who.

And also they must add the possibility for us to hide offline contacts too!!!

Other than that I like it.

Oh and the Twitter 2.0 plugin it's just trash... I rather use the first version.