Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Hardware & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Shuttle's SDXi Gaming System

http://us.shuttle.com/H7_G4500SDXi.aspx

"Shuttle Inc., the leading designer and manufacturer of small form factor (SFF) computers and accessories, today announced the availability of the new custom liquid-cooled SDXi Carbon extreme gaming solution showcased earlier this month at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show. As an extreme performance system for gamers, enthusiasts, and even professionals working with graphic design, animation, or CAD, the Shuttle SDXi Carbon features a powerful quad-core Intel® CoreTM2 Extreme QX9770 processor, dual-slot NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 280 graphics card, and high-speed DDR2 memory (up to 16GB) to deliver the best possible experience for today's most demanding applications. Then to ensure maximum performance and stability at all times, SDXi Carbon features the world's first Liquid I.C.E. technology that is designed to deliver the most efficient cooling solution in an extreme small form factor system. As a finishing touch, the SDXi Carbon is custom wrapped and painted in a premium automotive level finish, making the exterior of the system as unique as the interior."

I'm not entirely sure if this is the best time for Shuttle to be releasing a liquid-cooled gaming system that starts at $2599 USD and goes up from there, but if you've got the bucks and want a small but powerful gaming system, you should definitely check out the SDXi Carbon. That paint job/case design is sweet!