Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus
Default Pandora Released to Motorola Q9c Users!

http://www.pandora.com/on-windowsmobile

"Alright, here it is! I’ve been using Pandora just recently and gotten to love it (yes I know, 'been there done that') and love the way it recommends similar music based on the style you like. Pandora is available for other phones and just recently they launched the first Windows Mobile version for the Motorola Q9C."

Here is some good news for Motorola Q9c users. If can now download the Pandora application and listen to streaming music right on your very own Windows Mobile device. I'm not sure if this will work with devices that are not the Motorola Q9c, but it never hurts to try. If you play around with this, make sure to let us know how you like it.

EDIT: You can also download the Pandora CAB file from here.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:46 PM
RazorV
Neophyte
Angry Link doesn't work on MQ9c...

Well, it's nice you posted about this app and the link. When I go to www.pandora.com with my MotoQ9c from Sprint a webpage is dispplayed that says the device is not supported. I get the same thing when I enterned my cell number and it sent me a link SMS.

Got any ideas and maybe yoiu shoiuld consider testing the links first. If you did then maybe test it with a sprint Moto Q9c.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:10 PM
WolfDaemon
Neophyte
Default works on Motorola Q9m

Just downloaded and installed it on a Q9m. Working like a charm.

Sweet!

Old 12-12-2008, 06:01 PM
srsabu
Pupil

Well, the site wouldn't allow the download when I tried to access it on my Blackjack. There was an error page saying that they only support a limited number of devices on the AT&T network.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:03 PM
RazorV
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsabu View Post
Well, the site wouldn't allow the download when I tried to access it on my Blackjack. There was an error page saying that they only support a limited number of devices on the AT&T network.
I went there with my Q9c and it said that my device is not supported. Even the text msg they sent me said that same. The Moto Q9c is not even on their list of supported phones.

I'm not sure what this guy is talking about.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:34 PM
mbranscum
Thinker

Can anyone post up the .cab file???

Old 12-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorV View Post
Got any ideas and maybe yoiu shoiuld consider testing the links first. If you did then maybe test it with a sprint Moto Q9c.
Seeing as how I don't own a Motorola Q9c, it would be impossible for me test it, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorV View Post
I went there with my Q9c and it said that my device is not supported. Even the text msg they sent me said that same. The Moto Q9c is not even on their list of supported phones.
The Motorola Q9c is the only Windows Mobile Standard device that is on their list of supported devices.

Last edited by Rocco Augusto; 12-12-2008 at 09:06 PM..

Old 12-12-2008, 09:20 PM
mbranscum
Thinker

OK...newsflash...got a Pandora .cab file and downloaded on my ATT Q9H and it works!!! Great app.

Rocco, I found the app at xda-developers site. Can I link to it since it's not on the Pandora site? If so, I will, if not others will just need to search for it. Let me know.

Update: Wasn't on xda. Link to file in in this thread, I thinks its post #6. Works on my ATT Q9H.
Pandora on my Moto Q9c - Motorola Q Forum | Everything Q

Last edited by mbranscum; 12-12-2008 at 09:29 PM..

Old 12-12-2008, 10:10 PM
buckyg
Thinker

There is a CAB file for this over on xda-developers. I installed it on my Tilt and it works great!

I'm new to Pandora too, this is great!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:59 PM
kerrins
Ponderer

Buckyq could you post the link for the Tilt please?

I've been listening to Pandora for a while and love it. My interactions with them as a company are also good. Whoever started it and runs it...well, I think I owe them a beer.