Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Software (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Vincent Ferrari
Executive Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Vincent Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent Ferrari
Default iPhone Twitter Client Roundup

http://theappleblog.com/2008/12/03/...for-the-iphone/

"When our desire to connect and communicate with one another crashed headlong in to the digital behemoth that is the Internet, we ended up with Twitter: a true 21st Century social phenomenon. Like a chimerical parrot, each head squawking a different one-liner, Twitter can seem odd to the casual observer. Allowing users to post ultra-short updates, a quick tour 'round Twitter will find normal folk, celebrities and even politicians rubbing shoulders and swapping verbs (even TAB is tweeting away). As a frequent tweeter, I decided it was time to identify the ultimate Twitter app for the iPhone. Diving headlong in to the App Store, I emerged from its murky depths with 12 different apps."

An excellent roundup of Twitter clients, and while I don't agree with all the assessments (Twittelator Pro has been my client of choice since I got my iPhone), there's plenty of detail and a nice side by side comparison chart to go by.  If you're in the market for a new Twitter client for the iPhone, check this article out first.  While you're at it, add us so you'll know when we publish a new article on the site.  We're on Twitter as @applethoughts.