Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 11-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus
Default Mobileyes Brings Free Traffic Cams to Windows Mobile

http://www.3dmobileyes.com/

"Here's something that is sort of under the radar: evidently a company called Mobileyes has teamed up with various local news networks to release customized live Traffic cam apps. Available for for WM Pro and Standard devices, you can download the app for your region and then select via various sub-menus locality and specific highways."

Now this is a handy application. I remember when I was a kid we use to watch this mythical box called the TV that would show us pictures from various "eyes in the sky" so my parents could see how traffic was looking on our always backed up highways. Now you can pretty much do the exact same thing from your phone and a few traffic cams making the days of helicopters recording traffic a thing of the past.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:29 PM
cirrob121
Neophyte

Its usefull only if you live in one of the eight areas they support. Oh, and you dont mind seeing an ad for 2 minutes everytime you switch cameras.

Waste of time. GPS does it faster and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Augusto View Post
http://www.3dmobileyes.com/

"Here's something that is sort of under the radar: evidently a company called Mobileyes has teamed up with various local news networks to release customized live Traffic cam apps. Available for for WM Pro and Standard devices, you can download the app for your region and then select via various sub-menus locality and specific highways."

Now this is a handy application. I remember when I was a kid we use to watch this mythical box called the TV that would show us pictures from various "eyes in the sky" so my parents could see how traffic was looking on our always backed up highways. Now you can pretty much do the exact same thing from your phone and a few traffic cams making the days of helicopters recording traffic a thing of the past.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:34 PM
kerrins
Ponderer

Not even sure if my area is covered, but I would like it if I could limit it to a couple of different cameras. I don't want to see the entire SF Bay area, only my little section of Hwy 101

Old 11-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Constant Caffeine
Intellectual

I really do not see a practical use for this application. I think it is safe to say that if you are in any large city, there will be a lot of traffic especially before and after normal work hours. They might as well be monitoring the snow flakes in Antarctica. We know there is a lot of snow there, we just want to see it.

I think the only thing this application will do is encourage people to use it while driving so they can see their own car.

Sorry, it is just my opinion.