Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Vincent Ferrari
Executive Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Vincent Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent Ferrari
Default Lipstick Jungle = Apple Showcase

Above: Nico looks for a baby gift on her MacBook Air as Kirby checks up on her (NBC Photo).

It's no secret that the networks / television studios / movie studios pay a pretty penny to have their products placed in front of our adoring eyes, but sometimes it's almost out of place.  If you figure that the Mac is at about a 7% market share (and that is a high percentage, no doubt), then the cast of Lipstick Jungle is just about as atypical as they come as far as owning Apple products.  Each of them uses Apple products regularly (Nico and Wendy use MacBook Airs, and Victory uses a MacBook Pro), they all have iPhones (including minor characters) and whenever you see an interior office shot, there are iMacs galore.  It got me thinking as I watched; how much does Apple pay for this product placement?  To have their logo in your face constantly in every episode it had to have cost them a pretty penny.

My theory?  It's Candace Bushnell's fault.  Bushnell, as you all know, is the writer behind Sex and the City.  For the entire run of the HBO series, Carrie Bradshaw was using a "top-of-the-line" Powerbook to write her column.  Something tells me she's just a big Apple fan!

Have any of you noticed lots of Apple products in your favorite shows?