Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2008, 02:48 PM
ziggy
Pupil
Default Media Player 11 and WM 6.1 conversion

I am having a problem syncing Media into my Moto Q (upgraded to WM6.1) with Windows Media 11 that seems to have to do with the conversion process. I have the setting selectd to let Windows Media Player automatically convert media files to the "optimal" quality level, but the problem starts when the conversion process gets too far ahead of the synchronization. I push the Sync Now button, and all of the files light up "Conversion Required", then the first file changes to "Converting", when it finishes converting, it begins synchronizing and the next file starts to convert. All is fine until the file being converted get more than 2 files in front of the one that is synchronizing. In other words, if you look at the list, one file is synchronizing, the next file is converted, and the file after that is converting. When the file that is synchronizing finishes, all of the files light up "Stopped" and I have to close Windows Media Player, reopen it and start again from where it quit. I have tried formatting the storage card, buying a new storage card, syncing on a different PC, and I have looked all over the setting to see if I can run the conversion on all of the files before they start to sync, but I'm completely lost at this point. Anyone else experiencing this?