Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 07-16-2008, 06:50 AM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus
Default Windows Mobile Device + Train Set = Fun

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/news4135.html

"If you read my blog then you'll probably realise that I can be a little nuts at times. Every now and then I like to do some weird things with my Windows Mobile... Yesterday I decided to do something a bit more bizarre and plonked my HTC phone onto the carriage of a toy train set. "What?" I hear you cry. Well, I was helping my nephew with his train-set while Emily gave our son a bath, so I decided to film it because it was, quite possibly, the longest track we'd ever made... Yes, it's a little nuts, but this is what happens when you have kids "

Tired of sitting around and twiddling your thumbs while we all patiently wait for the release of Windows Mobile 7? Well here is a little something to pass the time and maybe even give you a chuckle. Gears from CoolSmartPhone.com has attached his Windows Mobile HTC handset to a electronic train set and has sent it down one of the longest toy train tracks I have ever seen constructed. It just goes on and on and on. You can see one of the videos above. To see the second clip point your browsers this way.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:11 PM
jimfee
Ponderer

Percy Rocks!! Diesels Stink!!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
mmidgley
Intellectual

so did he have its gps active so we could see the "tracks" through his house? hehe.

m.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Pdaholic
Intellectual

I recall someone strapping a PDA to an RC airplane a few years back. That was really cool.

These folks with the train set have a nice house!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdaholic View Post
I recall someone strapping a PDA to an RC airplane a few years back. That was really cool.

These folks with the train set have a nice house!
Wasn't that on CoolSmartPhone.com as well? someone hooked an Audiovox SMT 5600 to the bottom of an RC plane and set the camera up on a timer to snap a new picture every 30 seconds? I remember some really nice pictures but I cant remember if the details are exactly as above. Either way, we should strap our gadgets with cameras to more moving objects