Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Legacy Devices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2008, 09:21 AM
k1darkknight
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to k1darkknight Send a message via Yahoo to k1darkknight
Default Life after Dell - accessories?

I've had my Axim X50v for about 3 1/4 years now, and overall, I've been pretty pleased with it. Most of the time I've mostly kept it charged using the AC adapter, and the little plastic connector-piece that connects to the Axim on one side, and the power cord on the other. For many months, the plastic connector piece was cracked, but I was still able to plug it in, and just put something underneath it, so it wouldn't pop loose.

A couple months ago, however, it finally bit the dust, and cracked a bit worse. Since then, I've been using the docking cradle (not bothering to connect it to USB) for charging. I've finally gotten to the point where that's starting to get annoying, and I'd like to be able to just use a cable again. But I REALLY want to only replace the little plastic connector piece.

I did a little bit of searching, and maybe I just missed a site that carries these, but I have had absolutely NO luck finding a replacement connector-piece. Many sites carry sync cables, or charging kits, but these all come with connectors that are hard-wired to the cords. I don't want to replace the cable, I don't want to replace the docking cradle, and I don't want to buy some full-blown kit. ALL I want is the connector piece that allows me to connect the Axim directly into the same cord that plugs from the wall into the cradle.

Maybe I just overlooked "the obvious", but I haven't had any luck searching these boards, OR the internet "at large". If anyone knows where I can get this exact piece (or something that works identically, and fits identically), PLEASE let me know!

Tags
adapter, connector, x50, x50v