Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 05-19-2008, 05:55 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Samsung's Feature-Packed SGH-i900 Makes An Appearance

http://mobile.pconline.com.cn/marke.../1297149_1.html

Samsung's SGH-i900 (also, Anycall's SGH-i908) is turning into quite a beast. It's said to be packing a 3.5" 240 x 400 touch screen, HSDPA support, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, an FM radio, TV-out, 16GB of storage, a microSDHC slot (yes, HTC - this is how it's supposed to be done), a 5.0-megapixel auto-focus camera, and Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. Still no official word on when this impressive device will drop into the hands of consumers, although rumour is it'll make a showing late Q3 or early Q4. Click through for more shots, courtesy of PConline (translated version).

Old 05-19-2008, 10:38 AM
alese
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey View Post
Samsung's SGH-i900 (also, Anycall's SGH-i908) is turning into quite a beast. It's said to be packing a 3.5" 240 x 400 touch screen, HSDPA support, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, an FM radio, TV-out, 16GB of storage, a microSDHC slot (yes, HTC - this is how it's supposed to be done), a 5.0-megapixel auto-focus camera, and Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. Still no official word on when this impressive device will drop into the hands of consumers, although rumour is it'll make a showing late Q3 or early Q4
3.5" - 240x400? - Samsung this is how it's NOT supposed to be done. If it's true it's not only pretty LoRes but also completely non standard and as such a compatibility problem and if it's a typo then I hope its the 6 instead of 2 and 480 instead of 400.
Bottom line any kind of qVGA or similar screen would really spoil what is othervise an excelent hardware...

Last edited by alese; 05-19-2008 at 10:43 AM..

Old 05-19-2008, 12:16 PM
indiekiduk
Ponderer

Congratulations Samsung on true innovation with the case design.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:48 PM
latinlover
Neophyte

Must agree with alese....

Anything other than standard resolutions should not even be brought to market. Think SONY with its stupid propietary MemorySticks, Atrac codec and what not.

Bad Samsung. I'm Dissapointed

Old 05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Stinger
Thinker

Come on, guys. Give credit where credit is due.

Samsung are the first WinMo manufacturer to take consumer-centric WinMo phones seriously. 5MP camera (with AF!) and 16GB of memory is exceptional for a Pocket PC device. Samsung should be applauded.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiekiduk View Post
Congratulations Samsung on true innovation with the case design.
I must agree. And how those geniuses from Samsung come up with this design? Beats me