Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 04-25-2008, 04:56 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Pocket PC Thoughts Newsletter Showing up as Garbled Code?

What's that? You're having trouble reading the Pocket PC Thoughts weekly newsletter? Yeah, um, sorry about that. Since the post-hack emergency server move a few things have broken, and there's a specific type of setting in our newsletter that some email clients have trouble with. Outlook 2007 reads it just fine, but other email clients do not. We were supposed to have it fixed for tomorrow, but post-move we also changed our server time from GMT -7 to UTC, so the newsletter went out this evening (my local time). By next week we hope to have all the glitches with the newsletter ironed out.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Are news letters going out now? I haven't been receiving them.

Come to think of it, I don't receive notifications from thread that I've subscribed to. I hadn't said anything before because I thought it was a part of the Pending work being done for subscriptions.

In hindsight, I suppose that there doesn't seem to be a connection between the two.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Dyson View Post
Are news letters going out now? I haven't been receiving them.
Yes, they've been going out for a couple of weeks now since the move (there was a period of, I think two or three weeks where there were no newsletters).

Quote:
Come to think of it, I don't receive notifications from thread that I've subscribed to.
Were these thread subscriptions on our old site, the phpBB-based one? Sadly those were not transferred to the new vBulletin-based systems. You'll have to re-subscribe to threads on the new forum system, or configure your profile to automatically subscribe you to any thread that you respond to.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:07 AM
bbarker
Philosopher

I am using Outlook 2007 and it was all messed up for me, too -- text and HTML code.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Were these thread subscriptions on our old site, the phpBB-based one? Sadly those were not transferred to the new vBulletin-based systems. You'll have to re-subscribe to threads on the new forum system, or configure your profile to automatically subscribe you to any thread that you respond to.

I'm setup to subscribe with instant notification. All of my subscriptions are setup for instant. I didn't even get notified from this thread.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 04-26-2008, 09:17 PM
buzzard
Theorist

Got mine on 4/24, no problems.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
I'm setup to subscribe with instant notification. All of my subscriptions are setup for instant. I didn't even get notified from this thread.
Hmm. I'm gettng mine, so our server is definitely sending them out. The thing to look at would be spam filters - I'm assuming you've checked your spam folder, but it might be getting blocked higher up in the chain, something that you can't even see.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarker View Post
I am using Outlook 2007 and it was all messed up for me, too -- text and HTML code.
Yeah, we can't quite figure that part out - why some Outlook 2007 clients render it fine, and some don't. Hopefully we'll be able to fix it for everyone before next week.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Hmm. I'm gettng mine, so our server is definitely sending them out. The thing to look at would be spam filters - I'm assuming you've checked your spam folder, but it might be getting blocked higher up in the chain, something that you can't even see.
Thanks Jason, I checked my spam folders and turned off any inbox rules that referenced the ThoughtsMedia sites. I do remember having some problems with DigitalHomeThoughts, then DMT sometime ago centering around changing my email address. It was probably user error, but someone had to eventually unlock my account for me. I haven't received anything from any of the sites after 3/31.

I've swapped to another email address to see if I get them. If it works then perhaps I'll try switching back to my primary. Maybe there's a ghost in the machine.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

I did my experiment and the other email worked just fine. When I switched back to my primary, I didn't even receive the email verification email.

I have a comcast"dot"net primary forwarding to my exchange account. I turned off any filtering on the comcast side, an there's nothing in my junk email or suspect folder. I even check my deleted folder. Nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Sorry for hijacking the thread.

I do get forum updates from Howard Forums and others.