Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default Verizon Offers Smartphone Users Unlimited Web Browsing and Email

http://news.vzw.com/news/2008/04/pr...008-04-14b.html

"Multi-tasking moms, tech savvy young professionals, and entrepreneurs will be able to access e-mail, surf the net and bookmark their favorite Web pages right from their Smartphones with Verizon Wireless’ newest management solutions. Verizon Wireless E-mail and Web for Smartphone, available today, offers customers a host of features including an unlimited data allowance for e-mail and Internet browsing. The plan supports up to 10 personal e-mail accounts, including those from popular Internet service providers such as Yahoo!® Mail, AOL®, Windows Live and Verizon.net. Customers will enjoy e-mail provider branded inboxes on select accounts creating a familiar, convenient and easy-to-use e-mail experience."

Verizon Wireless Logo

Finally, unlimited data usage is becoming much more affordable! Adding to the unlimited voice plans announced in February, Verizon Smartphone users now have the option of unlimited data for an extra $29.99 per month on top of a voice plan. Right now, the plan is available for the Verizon Wireless SMT5800 (HTC Libra), the Verizon Wireless XV6800 (HTC Mogul) and the MOTO Q9m. Look for more devices to be supported in the coming months. Any Verizon users planning to jump on the new plans?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:55 PM
redman
Neophyte
Send a message via MSN to redman
Cool XV6900 not yet supported

So great network, but always playing catchup with hardware and rate plans. I just ordered my XV6900 (HTC Touch) because my Samsung i730 is having a few issues and I have been dying for something smaller (but the the i730 is a GREAT phone from a capabilities perspective). I was thinking of going to Sprint several months ago since they have had the HTC Touch out for about 6 months already and have an all inclusive package for only $79.00.

My gripe is that when I ordered my phone this morning, I wanted to get the new data plan that Verizon announced for $29.99 on select PDA phones. So you would think the XV6900 would be supported as well in this new data plan since it is a great phone for web and e-mail and its sibling (the XV6800) is supported, but Verizon does NOT support this phone yet with the $29.99 data plan.

Now I have this wonderful phone (FINALLY) and I still have to wait before I get a data plan because there is no way I am going to pay $49.99 for the data service, that is just way too expensive and totally not competitive.

At least I have a smaller, lighter weight phone now....

Old 04-16-2008, 06:06 PM
JKingGrim
Intellectual

Nice. Now VZW data is only twice as much as Sprint.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:16 AM
onlydarksets
Oracle

redman - if you get the voice/data bundle, it's $40 for the data, not $50.