Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Connected Apps and Sites For Your Windows Mobile Device

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmob...nectedapps.mspx

"Windows Mobile smartphones take the concept of applications to the next level: Software services everywhere. These connected applications take advantage of your smartphone's ability to be connected to the Internet using your cell phone company's wireless data service, a wireless local network connection, or even a short-range Bluetooth connection. These connected applications depend on getting information from or sending information to another computer on the Internet using some kind of wireless data connection"

?

Microsoft MVP Todd Ogasawara has written an article giving a quick summary of about a dozen apps for Windows Mobile devices that focus on being connected to information and other people. He has broken it down into two section. The first is for applications you install. Examples include NewsBreak, Yahoo Go 2.0 and Windows Live Search. The second section is for apps you access through your browser, like Twitter or RememberTheMilk

Most sites and apps should work for both Professional and Standard devices, but double check the applications home page before attempting to install on your device to make sure it is supported and you download the right version. I found out the hard way with a beta app a few months ago that installers don't automatically check to ensure they are being installed on the right device. A few days ago I posted about one of my favorite sites, FlightStats. What are some of your favorites apps or sites that keep you connected and informed?

Old 04-02-2008, 04:16 PM
mmatski10
Neophyte
Default Here's one I wrote earlier

Well as I wrote this game, and it fits this topic.

www.mavec.co.uk

All clients connect to central server.