Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Status Updates

Old 04-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Mike Temporale
Editor Emeritus
Default APRIL FOOLS: New Thoughts Media Site Design for "Lefties"

Jason was pretty excited about this update, but unfortunately, he's unable to post about its availability due to becoming available prior to his return from Japan. So, in his place I shall announce the news. Fabrizio, being a left hander, was getting pretty frustrated with the design of all of the Thoughts Media sites. He spent a fair amount of time over the last month working on a new design that significantly improves the experience for lefties on our sites.

To enable the left-handed template you need to login and click on the "User Profile" link. Under the "Settings & Options" section, you need to click on "Edit Options" and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page under the Miscellaneous Options heading you will see a section for Forum Skin. Simply change this value to “Lefties - Thoughts Media” and then click the “Save Changes” button on the page. I have helped test the new design over the last weekend, but since I’m not a left hander, I didn’t really see what all the fuss was about. I invite all lefties to login, change the template and post your feedback on the new site design and I would like to thank Fabrizio for making the Thoughts Media network a better place for both left and right hander’s.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts

It should be noted that it may take up to 24 hours for all user accounts to see the option, something related to user skin provisioning I believe. I loaded it up briefly and really don't see what the big deal is - lefties are only 15% of the population, who cares???

Old 04-01-2008, 02:59 PM
The Yaz
Thinker

Ha, Ha!!!

As a lefty who enjoys veiwing all of the Thoughts sites, I felt the new template the sites upgraded to were already great for lefties. Now, if you wanted to make the site more "right" centric, it would make sense to switch articles with the banner ads and make the discuss this story button right centered.

I was hoping there really was a template listed and if I clicked on it the screen background was going to say "Sucker...."

Happy April Fool's!

Old 04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
asims
Intellectual

The 15%!

Old 04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

CRAP!! some one help please! I set my template to left hand and now i cannot get it back because i am right handed!! Please HELP!P!

Old 04-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Tim Williamson
Editor Emeritus

I'm a leftie, but I guess contributing editors-in-training don't get this option...

Old 04-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Williamson View Post
I'm a leftie, but I guess contributing editors-in-training don't get this option...

Nope, the in-training designation prevents it. Wait till you see some of the hazing rights Jason takes sadistic joy in... lets just say my back was never the same (And boy amd I glad I wasn't planning on having kids).

Old 04-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Heh. Nice one guys! I'm left handed, but right dominant (I mouse with my right hand, and do pretty much everything else with my right hand other than write), so I dally in both worlds.