Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 02-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Palm Takes A Swipe At RIM's Blackoutberry In New York Times Ad

http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archive/2008/02/14/palm-advert-in-new-york-times.aspx

Palm, Inc. couldn't resist taking a jab at RIM for their recent blackout in North America earlier this week in their latest ad in the New York Times.

Quote:
includes voice, email, text, web, calendar and contacts. <br /><br />And most importantly, uptime.<br /><br />Palm Smartphones. They connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server. No third-party servers. No hassles. And more importantly, no nationwide blackouts.
<br /><br /> :rotfl:

Old 02-15-2008, 07:23 PM
virain
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to virain

MS should thank Palm for a free promotion :devilboy:

Old 02-16-2008, 05:21 AM
wshwe
Ponderer

This is nothing more than a cheap shot. RIM will laugh all the way to the bank!

Old 02-17-2008, 02:56 AM
mirskym
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshwe
Not really, they do have a point. This is the seond time this has happened and really calls into question RIM's configuration. (And I'm a Canadian :wink

Old 02-17-2008, 03:00 AM
mirskym
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirskym
Quote:
Not really, they do have a point. This is the second time this has happened and really calls into question RIM's configuration. (And I'm a Canadian :wink

Old 02-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirskym
Quote:
Not really, they do have a point. This is the seond time this has happened and really calls into question RIM's configuration. (And I'm a Canadian :wink
Third I am aware of. Happened in 2006 too.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Mikey
Ponderer
Default Matthew 7:4-5...

Palm would do well to learn from Blackberry, as BB has yet to make the mistakes Palm made. I carry a BB Pearl that never locks up & it's my 3rd BB to date. The Pearl is a great phone. They put enough memory in it to keep it from locking up, etc. I'm surprised Palm is taking time to knock the top dog, instead of working toward a new platform &/or a WM device w/ enough memory & processor speed to avoid locking up. I agree with the former post, BB is laughing all the way to the bank. Any publicity is good publicity. How many devices has BB come out with since Palm came out with an updated OS? My point is proven by 2007 profits between the two companies. Palm would do well to get the plank out of their own eye before pointing out the speck with BB. Just my 2 cents. A BB just works, & with the Pearl & Curve, the phone is awesome as well.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Mikey
Ponderer
Default Re: Matthew 7:4-5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Palm would do well to learn from Blackberry, as BB has yet to make the mistakes Palm made. I carry a BB Pearl that never locks up &amp; it's my 3rd BB to date. The Pearl is a great phone. They put enough memory in it to keep it from locking up, etc. I'm surprised Palm is taking time to knock the top dog, instead of working toward a new platform &amp;/or a WM device w/ enough memory &amp; processor speed to avoid locking up. I agree with the former post, BB is laughing all the way to the bank. Any publicity is good publicity. How many devices has BB come out with since Palm came out with an updated OS? My point is proven by 2007 profits between the two companies. Palm would do well to get the plank out of their own eye before pointing out the speck with BB. Just my 2 cents. A BB just works, &amp; with the Pearl &amp; Curve, the phone is awesome as well.
Specifically, Palm was on top in the late 90's. I owned a Palm Pilot, then a Palm 3c, THEN I switched to the Jornada &amp; never looked back. Palm was the inventor IMO, of the PDA that was pocketable. Blackberry on the other hand, was the inventor of mobile email, &amp; is still on top &amp; now with great phones too! I'd be all for a Palm or better yet, a WM device that worked as well at email AND as a phone. I've owned 3 WM phones &amp; none compare to the BB Pearl I am carrying today. I want a PDA phone that doesn't lock up &amp; doesn't make me compromise from the strengths of my Axim x50v. Looks like I still can't converge! I really like the form factor of the Treo 750, just lacking memory &amp; 320x320! PALM NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT PALM!!!