Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 12-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Is Your GSM Phone Keeping You Awake?

http://piers.mit.edu/piersonline/piers.php?volume=3&number=7&page=1148

"During actual exposure [to GSM signals], as compared to sham exposure, sleep initiated one hour after exposure was affected. There was a prolonged latency to reach the first cycle of deep sleep (stage 3). The amount of stage 4 sleep was also decreased in exposed subjects. NG subjects reported more headaches during exposures vs. sham exposure. Neither group (SG and NG) was able to detect the true exposure status more frequently than by chance alone."

No wonder I am always so tired. I knew it had nothing to do with staying up so late. 8O

Old 01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
fone_fanatic
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to fone_fanatic Send a message via Yahoo to fone_fanatic

A couple years ago i used to sleep with my phone under my pillow so the alarm would wake me up.. after a couple days of that i'd wake up with a ridiculous headache and my left eye felt like it was gonna pop out.. so i stopped doing that, but most of the time its on my bed while i sleep.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Gerard
Pontificator

From what I recall of the discnssion on Slashdot, the source PDF was very short on scientific method, and the transmitter power used was a couple of orders of magnitude more than normal cellphone intensity. Meaningful? Or propaganda via bad science?

Old 01-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard
From what I recall of the discnssion on Slashdot, the source PDF was very short on scientific method,
uhm... the only thing I get out of slashdot discussions is there are a bunch of people with waaaay too much time on their hands and they also find fault with any and everything, unless it is about linux and opensource, which are perfect. /. is half a rung above fark for intelligent discussion. both are hysterical though, fark just doesn't take itself seriously.