Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default HTC Touch Cruise Officially Released

http://www.europe.htc.com/en/produc...ouchcruise.html

"HTC Corp., the world�s leading provider of Microsoft Windows Mobile� smart devices, today launched the HTC Touch Cruise�, the third member of the HTC Touch product family and the first to feature built-in GPS for personal navigation. Building on the popularity of the HTC Touch� and the HTC Touch Dual�, the Touch Cruise also includes 3G-HSDPA wireless connectivity. The new Touch Cruise boasts of super fast HSDPA/3.5G connectivity plus Wi-Fi� and Bluetooth�, making it a highly connected device for consumers on the move. Its 2.8� screen is great for enjoying mobile multimedia and because it runs on Windows Mobile 6 Professional, the built-in Windows Media Player is ideal for music and movies."

The former HTC Polaris has officially been released as the HTC Touch Cruise. If you can live without a VGA screen, the Touch Cruise has a nice feature set [pdf]. The built-in GPS also comes with TomTom Navigator 6. I know for some, the lack of VGA is a killer, but I wonder if the TouchFLO interface would be harder to implement on VGA?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Rod3
Intellectual

So, not in the US, but I'm using the unlocked Touch in the US. Would this work? If so, it's mine!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod3
So, not in the US, but I'm using the unlocked Touch in the US. Would this work? If so, it's mine!
Our hardware partner site, Expansys, will usually have these, but I don't see the unlocked Cruise just yet. You might check with them, but if you're already using the Touch, it would seem a natural to be able to use the Touch Cruise.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

I've been wondering about this TouchFLO technology. Can you turn it off if you don't like it?

What about the home screen, is it compatible with other 3rd party plugins?

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Darren Behan
Intellectual

Expansys (MobilePlanet here in the states) has it up now here: http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=159609

db

Old 11-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Rod3
Intellectual

Oh, it's mine, it's mine! Now, I'll be really upset if it doesn't work. Maybe I should wait a couple of days to see what other folks are finding with it. I love the plain Touch, but the video camera isn't so hot. I was using a N95, and got spoiled. I can live with the plain still camera at 2 megapixels, but the videos were awful. Anybody know if the videos would be better since the camera is upgraded? Makes sense to me that they would be, but I know nothing.... ops:

Old 11-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Rod3
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Dyson
I've been wondering about this TouchFLO technology. Can you turn it off if you don't like it?

What about the home screen, is it compatible with other 3rd party plugins?
Not sure about the Cruise, but I can turn off TouchFLO on my Touch. And I have many other plug ins on my home screen along with the HTC home screen. I have spb stuff all over the home screen, plus handymenu, and cLaunch, among others like that weather app. Tiny screen, and I have it packed solid! :wink:

Old 11-13-2007, 08:27 PM
possmann
Oracle
Send a message via MSN to possmann Send a message via Skype™ to possmann
Default Why me?

Would someone please remind me why I switched to CDMA? (T-mo to Verizon)

Very cool looking device - very :mrgreen:

Old 11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Wasp
Pupil

Is there any windows mobile professional that is VGA? I'd like to have VGA as well, but I have never seen a pda phone that had it (Probably due to battery life concerns). :?:

Old 11-13-2007, 09:53 PM
burtcom
Intellectual

Yes -- there are some ETEN Glofiish phones that have VGA