Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 10-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Microsoft Launches "Start Doing More" Web Site

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmob...startdoingmore/

Microsoft has just launched a Flash-based (hmm, no Silverlight?), US-centric "Start Doing More" portal for Windows Mobile hardware and software. It's aimed squarely at those new to the platform, so for the mobile gurus reading this post, don't expect to learn anything new. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 PM
Frankie1
Intellectual
Default Great Introduction

I think it is great, since I have to deal with the all of the Windows Mobile devices at work -- it helps me out by giving them a short introduction to the platform. I just sent the link to our Director of Operations and some other higher-ups at our organization who have WM devices. As I said earlier; it makes for a nice introduction to the WM platform for anyone coming off of a generic phone and was not sure what the Windows Mobile is about.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Mark Larson
Theorist

Oh my God, that site gave me motion sickness. :crazyeyes:

Old 10-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Demens
Pupil

The graphics on those phones look way more cool than in real windows mobile phones. I think it's kinda misleading, specially because it's meant for newcomers.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Bittermormon
Pupil

I agree Demens. If you want your software to look all sleek and fancy since newcomers will inevitably compare it to that other phone, why not make it look good in the first place?

Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 AM
RogueSpear
Ponderer

That's cute... "Start Doing More" :?

Except Microsoft stole it from me. I've been muttering that same phrase each time Microsoft introduces a new version of WM. I guess I'll have to change mine to "Start Doing SOMETHING" :lol:

Old 11-01-2007, 03:35 PM
bigray327
Ponderer

Funny they should feature the Mogul in their "Start Doing More" piece, considering barely anything works as advertised on it.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:03 PM
saru83
Thinker

i think its nicely done, yes it might be a lil misleading but it looks pretty good.. although there should have been a lil bit more information out there.. for a whole new website & stuff its pretty basic..

Old 11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
emuelle1
Thinker

It's a nice break from the last "I'm editing a Word document in an elevator full of snakes" advertising campaign.