Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Samsung i760 Unboxed on MobilitySite

http://mobilitysite.com/2007/10/ver...h-i760-unboxed/

"Back at Digital Focus in Las Vegas, a media event during CES, I had a chance to get a look at the SCH-i760 from Samsung. It didn�t have a battery, but I knew I wanted to check it out. I realized later that the reason it wasn't been shown powered up was that Windows Mobile 6 was coming and it was probably already running it. Anyhow, 10 months later and here we are� The Unboxing of the Verizon Samsung SCH-i760. Video of the unboxing and more photos after the jump�"

My first impressions at seeing Chris's unboxing pics of the unit is that it's smaller than I'd have expected for a 240x320 unit with a front keypad. However, I'm not sure about the ergonomics of the front keypad and the placement of the send/end buttons. Any of you thinking of picking this puppy up?

Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM
egads
Theorist

With out a doubt that's the ugliest PPC/Phone I've seen in a while.
I've seen $5 universial remotes that have nicer buttons and layout than this thing.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:51 PM
The PocketTV Team
Thinker

Game and video developers should test their applications on the Samsung i760, in Landscape orientation.

Apparently there is a display driver bug on the Verizon Samsung i760 that causes some games and video applications to misbehave or display video incorrectly.

We traced the issue to GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER: On the Samsung i760, rfbi.cxPixels and rfbi.cyPixels are permuted when GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER is called while the display is in Landscape orientation.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Mark Larson
Theorist

Oh Samsung, what standards won't you ignore. :roll:

Old 10-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Sagitario
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to Sagitario Send a message via Yahoo to Sagitario

Now that has got to be the ugliest Phone I've seen in years. Does the key pad remind you of the old Motorola Brickotac.... oops,... sorry.... I meant Microtac :mrgreen:. It's been ten years 8O since I owned one, I tend to forget the name.

Good luck to Samsung with that one.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:16 AM
lorettaboy
Pupil

I can't understand why people don't find this ppc super attractive. I mean, Samsung had a team of 12 monkeys working on this for at least a month

Old 10-27-2007, 03:47 PM
mwfielder
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PocketTV Team
Game and video developers should test their applications on the Samsung i760, in Landscape orientation.

Apparently there is a display driver bug on the Verizon Samsung i760 that causes some games and video applications to misbehave or display video incorrectly.

We traced the issue to GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER: On the Samsung i760, rfbi.cxPixels and rfbi.cyPixels are permuted when GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER is called while the display is in Landscape orientation.
Did you find any solution? Slingplayer is one example--no video in landscape mode.

They went function over form in looks---but it does function well. Keypad on front avoids the need to slide the keyboard open, and allows calling without using the touchscreen. It's fairly slim as well--I'm liking it.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:26 PM
sixftunda
Pupil

WOW tough crowd in this thread. After having ACTUALLY USED this phone for just over a month, I can say that this ppc kicks butt over all I have previously used (Treo, i730, 6700, Q). The front keypad makes it extremely functional. Even though it has less features than the TyTnII it does benchmark higher. It's really a sweet phone.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:40 PM
kaps
Pupil

I completely agree that this is a really great phone. The form factor makes it very easy to use. I remember the old PPC Phones that had the keypad in the display, yuck!

It is fast and stylish.

KAPS

Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 PM
johnm
Ponderer

I hate unboxing videos. I can't imagine a bigger waste of my time. We used to have these things called reviews.