Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default i-mate Announces the Ultimate 8502

http://www.imate.com/

The Ultimate 8502 is the first of two new devices announced by i-mate today. Specs-wise, it's rockin' with a Qualcomm MSM 7200 400MHz CPU, 128MB RAM, 256MB ROM, quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and tri-band UMTS/HSDPA connectivity, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, TV-out, a 2.0-megapixel camera, a microSD slot, a 2.6" 262K-colour QVGA touch screen, QWERTY keyboard, and Windows Mobile 6 Professional. But if that isn't enough for you, be sure to check out the 9502, which will appear on the front-page in just a moment!

Old 10-23-2007, 10:36 AM
freitasm
Oracle

The certainly are in the run for the Ugliest Pocket PC of the year...

Old 10-23-2007, 11:16 AM
saru83
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freitasm
The certainly are in the run for the Ugliest Pocket PC of the year...
Sorry man, i dont agree, it looks pretty good to me.. besides i'm not getting a hight end PDA phone for its looks, features & practicality are far more important for me..

I have been praying for a vertical screen layout with a keyboard with decent spec for a long time now & the Ultimate 8502 sure delivers that..

Good job imate, keep it up

Old 10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
ignar
Thinker

I also think it looks ugly, but the real thing could look better, so I will see. But, in the worst case, I don't think 8502 will earn the UPoY award thanks to 9502. :wink:

Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Knocksock
Pupil

If you had the 8502 in your hand, like I am having now..you wouldn't say it's ugly! It feels very good, the keys look very bad, but is in fact very good to use!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 AM
marcusf
Neophyte

Well if you are holding one can you answer a few quick questions?

1) is the USB a standard mini-USB connector?

2) is the 2.5mm jack a stereo headset + mic connector so you could also use your standard cheapy cell phone hands-free as well as a stereo hands-free? This is great for emergencies, not that I personally ever lose/break these thing

3) is the mico SD slot SDHC?

If yes to all of the above I am buying one. This is even better that the iPaq 914C I have been waiting for.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:50 AM
developerzero
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to developerzero Send a message via Yahoo to developerzero

I also think it looks great. I just wonder how it feels to actually hold/use/talk on. Knocksock, does yours actuall work? How does it feel? How do the keys feel? (Are they cheap feeling, or do they have a good 'click' to them?)