Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default iWindowsMobile.com Presents FunContact and AstroNavigator II

"VITO Technology is proud to present a brand-new web site with top quality software for your Windows Mobile Pocket PC. The six refined sparkling applets are just getting ready to show you the best of Windows Mobile. You�ll discover your Windows Mobile can do like iPhone and much more!/ Right now iWindowsMobile.com holds two applications to freshen up & upgrade your Pocket PC: FunContact and AstroNavigator II. AstroNavigator II has already become well known among Windows Mobile users for its finger friendly interface and fancy graphics with animated menus. Now they can have the same effects while managing contacts with FunContact."

Bringing the iPhone look to Windows Mobile, VITO has set up a new website at iWindowsMobile.com and has released FunContact and AstroNavigator II. Check out more information at their website or download from the affiliate links above.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 PM
angler
Pupil

I used to have Sound Explorer and tried Audio Note from Vito. There were a lot of unsolved queries and Vito has suddenly shut down the forum. There is a post in Sprite that developer trends not putting much effort in public forum instead of answering private support due to efficiency. Wish it never comes true unless these software company(s) become another Microsoft.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:44 PM
pocketdoc
Ponderer

The contacts program looks a lot like PocketCM. (Add .com to name for site)

Not sure if they are written by the same person...

Old 10-17-2007, 04:50 PM
joelevi
Intellectual
Default No .cab installers

Apparently the only way to install is via the .exe, no .cab is provided.

That means I can't even try the demos (no ActiveSync, no "whatever the Vista version of ActiveSync is", just Exchange Sync over the air).

Too bad... looked promising.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default Re: No .cab installers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLevi
That means I can't even try the demos (no ActiveSync, no "whatever the Vista version of ActiveSync is", just Exchange Sync over the air).
Joe, when going through our affiliate store, there's an option to install now and it says "Download to PDA/Smartphone" so, you might give that a try. (There's a demo link there as well)

Paul

Old 10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
pocketdoc
Ponderer

Nice-looking program, but it is a rip off of PocketCM.

I prefer PCM (free), as you can SMS from the contacts (I couldn't get it to work with this program) and you can navigate and select with the D pad.

Not worth $20 IMO.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketdoc
Nice-looking program, but it is a rip off of PocketCM.
I'm all for free programs that can do the job and PCM is probably a nice program. However, looking at the screenshots, I just don't see much similar between it and FunContact.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
pocketdoc
Ponderer

They may look different, but they work the same. Vito just made it prettier.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 PM
joelevi
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Martin
Quote:
Joe, when going through our affiliate store, there's an option to install now and it says "Download to PDA/Smartphone" so, you might give that a try. (There's a demo link there as well)

Paul
Thank goodness for the PocketPC Thoughts Affiliate store!

After about 45 minutes I got the email with the download link, another 5 minutes and I had it downloaded and installed (demo version).

It's a lot more polished and refined than PocketCM. PCM, however, includes a thumbnail of the persons's display photo (if present) in the list view (which I liked), but it (PCM) also takes quite a while to populate the list initially.

Overall, I'm more impressed with Vito's solution than PocketCM; however, the price for Vito's should be for an entire PIM replacement (or suite of programs to replace PIM components) -- calendar, tasks, contacts, and email. I'd pay $20 for all 4... but not for just one.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
It's a lot more polished and refined than PocketCM. PCM, however, includes a thumbnail of the persons's display photo (if present) in the list view (which I liked), but it (PCM) also takes quite a while to populate the list initially.

Overall, I'm more impressed with Vito's solution than PocketCM; however, the price for Vito's should be for an entire PIM replacement (or suite of programs to replace PIM components) -- calendar, tasks, contacts, and email. I'd pay $20 for all 4... but not for just one.
Glad the link was helpful. Appreciate you giving both a whirl and posting your results. I would tend to agree the price seems high for replacing only a portion of a PIM suite. Of course, I've seen a tendency for a lot of apps lately to come out at the $20 price point, even for relatively "small" ones. That's why it's great to have those freeware options.