Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 10-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Pocket PC Thoughts is Seven Years Old Today

Right in the nick of time, a scant 30 minutes before the end of the day in my time zone, I remembered that I forgot to finish my post about Pocket PC Thoughts celebrating its seven year on the Web. One of our great moderators Steven Cedrone remembered earlier today, but I meant to make this front page news for one specific reason: to thank all of you.

Without you, the readers, Pocket PC Thoughts wouldn't exist. Without you, our community of posters, we wouldn't have the friendly and helpful forums that we have. Without you, the people buying products from our affiliate stores and clicking on banners, I wouldn't have been able to make a career out of running online communities. Pocket PC Thoughts is still the biggest site in the Thoughts Media Network - it's our flagship site, and although the world of Windows Mobile is undergoing changes (the whole Pocket PC/smartphone thing) I intend to run this site as long as there's a community of people out there willing to keep coming back for more. Without you, we'd have nothing here, so I give each and every one of you reading this my most sincere thanks.

A special thanks also goes out to the companies that have supported this site faithfully over the years: Spb Software House, PPC Techs, WebIS, and others. And of course the amazing team of people who contribute to various aspects of the site: our editorial team of Darius, Ed, Paul, Janak, Jon, Nurhisham, and all the other editors that came before them (Brad, Marlof, and others). Our moderators Steven and Jeff. Our review team led by Doug, which includes Don, Judie, Vincent, and others. Fabrizio behind the scenes doing great coding work and graphics, Jorj helping me with the server (along with Janak and Jon), my wife Ashley doing all the copyediting for reviews...the list goes on. There are so many amazing people who contribute their time and energy to this site, all with the goal of giving you, our readers, the best experience possible.

Thank you for coming back to Pocket PC Thoughts again and again - here's to another seven years!

Old 10-13-2007, 06:49 AM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

Congratulations Jason!

This site is a daily (usually multiple times daily) stop for me. Becoming a subscriber has been very worthwhile in the many friends I have made, great tips, and overall community.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:07 AM
heliod
Intellectual

To Jason and the team at Pocket PC Thoughts,

Congratulations on your 7th year anniversary.

Pocket PC Thoughts has been of much importance to me, personally: it has been the site which I consulted before buying my first iPaq in 2001, and I come daily to it since then. I am not ashamed to say that the model of Pocket PC Thoughts was the basis for the conception of my site for the Hebrew speakers.

Editors like Jason, Ed, Marlof, Brad, Janak, Andy (and I am sure I am forgetting some) have become personal friends despite the physical distance.

All the above just shows not only the importance and quality of the site, but also the high level of dedication of the people involved, who have never saved in efforts in doing anything that promotes the platform, including giving advice and help to others that intend to create similar websites either in English or other languages.

You are a great site with a great team, and most of all, great friends.

May PocketPCThoughts live forever !

Best regards,

Helio

Old 10-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Arne Hess
Thinker

Congrats Jason and team! Sounds to me it was yesterday when you created your Thoughts site to PPC.com... Ah the old days... :wink:

Looking forward the next 7 years of PocketPCThoughts.com, I wish you and the team all the future success you guys deserve! Keep up the great site and community work!!! :way to go:

Old 10-13-2007, 12:49 PM
peterawest
Intellectual

Congratulations Jason!

It�s good to see something good like this has just kept on going and even spawned a few similar sites. Keep up the good work.

And thanks to all of your team. We really do appreciate the good site(s).

Old 10-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Yata
Pupil

That's an incredible achievement - congratualtions!

You've even out-lived the term "Pocket PC".

Old 10-13-2007, 01:42 PM
yawanag
Thinker

MY HOW TIME FLIES (when you're having fun) CONGRATULATIONS!

Ilucked up on PPCT when I got my first PPC, an HP Jornada 540. I get emotional when I think back on it.

I truly am a PPCT adict. Gotta have my fix sseveral times a day starting with you as my home page.

I keep abreast of all things mobile right here. By the way, I'm in the minority - a 74-year-year female who wouldn't have many companions, if it wasn't for this group. Most my age are scared to turn the computer on.

I'll stop rambling and just say, DON'T STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING, Jason, you and your team mean an awful lot to us!

Old 10-13-2007, 03:07 PM
jimbo
Neophyte
Send a message via Yahoo to jimbo
Default Happy Birthday

0X HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

Old 10-13-2007, 03:20 PM
k_kirk
Intellectual

Hi Jason,

Congratulations!!! I remember many years ago when you came close to shutting down the site. Not sure what it was but somethings were frustating you. I am so glad you persevered and kept it going. The tech world is truly a better place thanks to the communities you have brought together and nurtured.

Keep it up. Thanks for a great job done!

Old 10-13-2007, 03:24 PM
hornet
Neophyte
Default CONGRATULATIONS FOR 7 INFORMATIVE YEARS!

THE FOLLOWING WAS POSTED AT THE MOBILE HORNET SITE AT:
www.MOBILEHORNET.com

===========

To PocketPCThoughts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !

You were one of the first Pocket PC sites that took me on my adventure with mobile devices. And on this special day, THE MOBILE HORNET and its team share your success during these 7 years.

To Jason Dunn comment : �I intend to run this site as long as there�s a community of people out there willing to keep coming back for more. Without you, we�d have nothing here, so I give each and every one of you reading this my most sincere thanks.� we wish to say that we will come back as we always have done. You have a great site and thanks must go to you too for providing updated information to the mobile device community.

Pocket PC Thoughts was also an inspiration to my creation of THE MOBILE HORNET.

TO JASON DUNN AND YOUR TEAM - KEEP IT UP !