Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 08-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Announcing the Expansys Affiliate Store

http://www.mobileplanet.com/t.aspx?...rtner=pthoughts

We introduced this link quietly a few weeks ago up at the top of our site, but I wanted to make sure everything was working before making the official announcement: Pocket PC Thoughts has teamed up with Expansys, the sellers of all sorts of gadget goodness, to create an affiliate store. What this means is that if you make a purchase through this store, a small percentage of that sale goes back to support Pocket PC Thoughts (and our two hungry servers). And boy do we appreciate that!

There's one important thing to point out though: due to the bizarre affiliate store system that Expansys has in place, you can't return to a bookmarked page, buy a product, and have it count as an affiliate sale that supports this site. For example, if you were to start on the home page of the affiliate site, browse to a particular product page, and bookmark it for looking at later - when you return it won't have our affiliate tracking code on it and the sale won't count. When we link to products directly here, we'll include the special code needed to make it an affiliate sale.

Thank you for your ongoing support of Pocket PC Thoughts. We couldn't do what we do without you!

Old 08-24-2007, 05:13 PM
lmychajluk
Pupil

Doh! I just placed an order through them the other day. Sorry, I didn't realize, but I'll keep it in mind next time!

Old 08-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk
Doh! I just placed an order through them the other day. Sorry, I didn't realize, but I'll keep it in mind next time!
No worries - there's always next time! ;-)

Old 08-25-2007, 10:09 PM
maevro
Neophyte

Yeah, with a little heads up I would have placed my order through you guys too.

I just bought a Ubiquio 503G and man am I LOVING this phone.

I also had no idea that Ubiquio was a subsidiary of Expansys.

Now I know and since I tend to buy a new phone every 2 months or so, I will go through you guys in the future...or when the HTC Polaris comes out.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

I dig it.