Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 06-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default HTC Europe Launches the P6300

http://www.europe.htc.com/products/htcp6300.html

"HTC, the world�s leading provider of Windows Mobile� devices, today announced the launch of the new P6300 PDA device for the enterprise market. With the full power of Windows Mobile, an intuitive large 3.5� touch screen and excellent connectivity options, it�s well equipped to cater for the mobile workforce. This range of technical features brings real business benefits for organisations employing the P6300, from improved customer service and faster service response times to increased productivity and effectiveness. Business users can communicate with colleagues and customers globally with ease, and integrate seamlessly with their existing IT systems."

HTC Europe has just launched the tri-band GSM/GPRS P6300, which O2 also sells as the Xda Argon. It features 128MB RAM, 256MB ROM, a 400MHz CPU, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, IrDA, a 2.0-megapixel camera, a 3.5" QVGA touch screen, and believe it or not, an SDIO/MMC slot. Unfortunately, there's no Windows Mobile 6 Professional, so you'll have to put up with yesterday's OS.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Ce
Ponderer

...and yesterdays technology. 3.5 inch QVGA and tri-band GSM\GPRS 8O

QVGA looks good on a 2.8 inch or less screen....not on 3.5 inch anymore....all those pixels...horrible.
The lack of 3G is absolutely unforgivable. A brand new device and no EDGE\UMTS for data? a big NO GO for me.

HTC is becoming boring, very boring.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:13 PM
PdaAddict
Ponderer

I think HTC thinks we are a bunch of morons. XDA II? Is that you???

Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM
pocketpcadmirer
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdaAddict
XDA II? Is that you???
Well, XDA II in 3piece coat..may be. But, had they added WM6, it would have got many customers. Look, many of us still like the 3.5" displays of htc alpine and htc himalaya. We liked the simplicity in those designs(rather than the fancy wizard/hermes designs where people had screen-alignment problems) :|

Old 06-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Frankie1
Intellectual
Default What in Haysuse!

I love 3.5 inch displays but with a "Q"VGA that's just insane. Well for all us Big-Screen lovers out there the only device that show some promise is the: http://www.clubimate.com/ultimate/ult7150.htm I don't even want to say it, just click on it! the most awsome device ever.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:21 AM
maximum360
Ponderer
Send a message via Yahoo to maximum360

Things like this make me appreciate Apple (though I don't own nor plan to own any of their products in the near future). Without some decent competition, HTC will rest on their laurels and only make incremental upgrades to their products.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:08 AM
alese
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum360
Things like this make me appreciate Apple (though I don't own nor plan to own any of their products in the near future). Without some decent competition, HTC will rest on their laurels and only make incremental upgrades to their products.
This is not even an upgrade, it's basically HTC Alpine with WM5...
If they would at least add VGA screen and UMTS/HSDPA, GPS would be nice too and this would be a very nice and thin device.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 AM
bnycastro
Sage
Send a message via MSN to bnycastro Send a message via Yahoo to bnycastro

maybe this is a big screen pda for their lower end market. pricing should be pretty low on this one.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Paul Kay
Pupil

The knockers can knock this product all they want. My customers prefer 3.5" screens over 2.8" because our application is designed for fat finger rather than stylus use.

This is exactly what we've been waiting for, a low cost, average spec, updated replacement for the XDA II alike devices.

Bring it on and keep bringing it on with minor upgrades for years to come please HTC, and I will keep on buying it, and selling it on.