Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default TeamCalendar Beta for Windows Mobile - Shared Calendars

http://www.teamcalendar.com/

"Smartphone & Pocket PC users throughout the world can now bring their "virtual secretary" along while they are on the move. HandStep is launching an intuitive program that enables mobile co-workers to schedule meetings on the spot via their PDA or SmartPhone. ... TeamCalendar gives you a complete overview of your colleagues� schedules directly from your PDA or Smartphone for any given day or week. What�s more, you can book meetings on the spot � so no more phone calls or emails trying to set up that all-important meeting."

It requires Exchange 2003 SP2 or higher to work, and I am not sure if that means you and your friends on different hosted Exchange plans can use it or not. I suspect it is intended for organizations and not friends and family, but I could be wrong. If not, this brings us one step closer to shared calenders, but not all of the way there. They expect to release it in July for $49. It works on both Windows Mobile Pro and Standard, also known as Pocket PC and Smartphone.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 PM
VanHlebar
Intellectual

I took a look at this about a week ago and even at $50 I would consider this for my family, BUT it looked to me that they expected me to pay $50 per year as opposed to a one time purchase. Did I miss something or is that what the pricing plan is going to be?

Even with that, I still need to get my 2003 server to connect to my XP network at home.

-Eric