Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default MSNBC's Multimedia on Mobile

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3726

"MSNBC.com today launched its Multimedia on Mobile news product. Developed in partnership with Action Engine Corporation and uVuMobile, Multimedia on Mobile offers consumers a rich news and entertainment experience on mobile devices. After downloading the product to Windows Mobile smartphones, you can find and save your favorite video, photo and article - including NBC News video from "Today" and popular slideshows from MSNBC.com including "The Week in Pictures" - and easily share content directly through SMS and E-Mail."

Don't be confused by the terminology -- this is designed to work with Pocket PCs as well. To get it, simply go to http://gomobile.msnbc.com from your WM or desktop browser and follow the instructions. Update: If you want a more thorough walkthrough, check out Jason's CTIA post, and video on the subject:

Old 04-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Paragon
Magi

I just tried this and it look pretty good. Don't be discouraged by the scant list of devices or the mention USA carriers, it seems to be capable of working on a much broader list of devices and networks. I have it running fine on my UT6700 running on the Telus network.

Dave

Old 04-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Gator5000e
Intellectual

Pretty neat program, but does anyone know where the video files are cached to, if they are? Those would be some big files if they couldn't be cleaned out and the orogram doesn't appear to give a choice for storage location. Thanks for any thoughts.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:07 PM
ikesler
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon
I just tried this and it look pretty good. Don't be discouraged by the scant list of devices or the mention USA carriers, it seems to be capable of working on a much broader list of devices and networks. I have it running fine on my UT6700 running on the Telus network.

Dave
It says my 6700 on Sprint is not supported.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Paragon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesler

Weird. That's one that is listed as supported, right?

Old 04-03-2007, 05:17 PM
x51vuser
Ponderer

skip

Old 04-03-2007, 06:56 PM
haggisgirl
Neophyte

Says my T-Mobile MDA is not supported, too, although it is listed as a supported device. Oh well.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:00 PM
fone_fanatic
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to fone_fanatic Send a message via Yahoo to fone_fanatic

that's funny, the 8125 is supported but not the 8525... i'm trying to download it now off my hermes and its telling me the device is not supported... oh well time to change the user agent.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:29 PM
ikesler
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesler

Weird. That's one that is listed as supported, right?
It sure is.... oh well.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator5000e
Pretty neat program, but does anyone know where the video files are cached to, if they are? Those would be some big files if they couldn't be cleaned out and the orogram doesn't appear to give a choice for storage location. Thanks for any thoughts.
All the data gets stored to the install folder. There should be a folder called resources in the install folder. All the data is in there.