Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-01-2007, 04:02 AM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default BlueMusic Upgraded to 2.0

http://www.teksoftbluemusic.com/

"BlueMusic has been updated and we have also created a website for the product...New features:
� Disable ringtones while BlueMusic is on
� Resume your Bluetooth Audio Playback immediately after any phone call.
� On-call triggers for Speakerphone, Answer Call and Reject call. Use Bluemusic for more then voice routing!
� VoIP software compatible: use Bluemusic with Skype or other telephony-over-internet software"

Earlier in February, I posted on version 1.0.510. Since then, Teksoft has updated BlueMusic to version 2 and added some new features. Upgrades are 3.95 euros for versions 1.0.310, 1.0.400 or 1.0.510. Many companies offer a free upgrade within a certain period of purchase but I couldn't find any info, so post an update if you have one.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul tinca
If you have a "lite" version of a software and wish to go for the "pro" version i don't see any company giving it to you for free...
If you have a house purchased from a company and after two months you decide to move to a bigger one you will not just receive the key... or am i wrong? The amount of time passed from releasing one version to the other has nothing to do here. Just my two cents.
Some software companies offer a free upgrade if the software purchase was made within 30 days, some as generous as 6 months. WebIS sets the standard here. The house analogy doesn't fit because we're talking about real property, not software, though you might think of it as a house purchase with a warranty for maintenance for a certain period.

Where the amount of time figures in is because your customer doesn't know your release cycle. If they had known that a better version was coming out in 2 weeks or 4 weeks, they may have decided to hold off on their purchase instead of having to buy twice, albeit at a reduced rate for the second time.

Still, it's your software, your company, sell as you like. To each his own.