Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Legacy Devices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2007, 07:46 AM
liligis
Neophyte
Default Need help to Find original Jornada 680 software and configure Ir port on Laptop

:cry:
Hello, I'm a new Poket PC Thoughtful Pupil.

I recently got a Jornada 680 from a friend, but he's not sure of finding the sync cable nor the CD's nor the modem cable. I downloaded all the user guides (spanish and english and have read them all, even the addendum) from www.hpjornada.com, and I also dowloaded Active Sync 4.2 (latest version) from Microsoft`s page, and installed it on my Compaq 2500 Laptop (2,4 Ghz, 446 RMb RAM; Win XP, Serial port, Ir port).

Then I wanted to stablish an Infrared connection between both lap and Jornada, but Active Sync does not tell me there is a Ir port in the list (at least until I can configure this port). Then I read in the manual or somewhere (Active Sync's Help perhaps?) that I also need a program for configuring the laptop Ir port, which is apparently within the 2nd. CD shipped with Jornada pocket pc's.

I dis my best and today I spent 4 hours browsing a lot!!! of web pages to see where I could download this program, until I found this nice page Pocket PC Thoughts and I "thought" anyone of you could help me, or send me the exe of this program.

I also want to ask to Pocket Pc Thoughtfull fellows the following: :?:
1) Should I uninstall Active Sync 4.2 and install the older versions (2.0)? I think the only one I could get was this 4.2.
2) How does the modem cable for Jornada 680 like? In one end it is supposed to be an RJ-11 terminal but the terminal connecting to Jornada looks as if a RJ 11 does not fit in this hole. The 680 hole has like a tiny door.
3) User guide says that I cannot use the integrated modem coming with this Jornada in another country different from where it was bought (most likely USA), so what should I do? Should I buy another modem from card ? they say to look in www.hpjornada.com web page to see for models allowed.
4) Someone in a web page (like Ebay) told me he can sell me a Wifi card (Avaya) which works fine in Jornada 680 (he says he has used it). Is it really so? Hava you heard from that?

Well, I gave you a lot of things to try to help me... :D
Thanks,
Gissi