Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-26-2007, 05:45 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default WebIS 3 Day Sale on Pocket Informant, Other WM Apps

http://www.webis.net/

"Starting now until midnight Sunday Central Standard Time we are offering all of our software at incredible prices to celebrate winter! Last week we were iced in here in Austin and we're so excited to be let out."

As I'm sitting here in a balmy 17F New York, I say "ha!" to the iced bit. But, getting back to the main point, this is a cool sale: PI 2007 is $10 off, and PI for Smartphone, FlexMail, FlexWallet, and VoiceMinder are all on sale as well. If you've been eyeing one or more of these products, now's the time to check them out!

Old 01-26-2007, 06:58 PM
ddwire
Ponderer

Any one use this to sync with ACT Link to ACT 6.0?

I submitted a question on this to support but have not heard back and they donot have any phone people, all email. :?:

Old 01-26-2007, 07:34 PM
alex_kac
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwire
Any one use this to sync with ACT Link to ACT 6.0?

I submitted a question on this to support but have not heard back and they donot have any phone people, all email. :?:
The simple answer is if ACT Link works with Pocket Outlook data, it will work with Pocket Informant. But we can't officially support it in case they do weird things. We don't have it to test with.

Best thing to do is grab a trial and see

Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 PM
mauibob
Neophyte

I've used ActLink for a couple of years at least. It works fine with Pocket Outlook and PI. No problems at all - just the normal Activesync hassles.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 PM
ddwire
Ponderer

Thanks Alex, do you work for WebIS?

THe Act Link does use the outlook data. My biggest complaint is the pocket pc does not display all of the contact data that gets synced. Also once and a while when I create an appointment on the pocket pc, when I sync back to Act it shows up as an all day event with no start time.
Dan

Old 01-27-2007, 02:09 AM
bystander
Ponderer
Default ddwire

Alex is the President of the company (WebIS) and the chief technologist for the firm. His creativity has allowed his product to properly sync ALL of the Outlook data elements which I have created including personal, business, and photos. His product is what Pocket Outlook should have been from the beginning.

His knowledge of the Pocket PC is remarkable.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Notbitter
Neophyte

I've loved PI for years, but the recent release has a malfunction that doesn't let the left softkey work properly. If you open the contacts manager with the right softkey and then try to use the left softkey to open the calendar, as it is supposed to, it opens the contacts. I've gone back to version 5.6 because of this weakness.

While I like the new version, it simply doesn't work properly for me. I'm hoping for a fix. I think it is a problem that the company would take money for an "upgrade" when it is clear there is a programming problem. I can't wait for a fix that will permit PI to work as it should.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notbitter
While I like the new version, it simply doesn't work properly for me. I'm hoping for a fix.
Have you contacted them and filed a bugreport?

--janak