Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 12-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default What Was Under Your Tree Yesterday?

So what gifts did yesterday bring? It doesn't even have to be Pocket PC related, or <gasp> technology related! Of course, I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, so share the festivities and gifts (mostly gifts!) you enjoyed on your particular holiday. Or did you give someone else a particularly special gift? Stories welcome!

Old 12-26-2006, 02:29 PM
T-Will
Sage

I got a couple computer/electronic related presents:

- Pandigital 7" Digital Picture Frame
- Visual Basic 6.0 Deluxe Learning Edition

It's my mom's 50th b-day this year so my dad bought her a car (I helped shop for it). :lol: My dad snuck and swapped out her old car for the new car while she was in church, and when she walked out there was the new one with a bow on the hood. :lol:

Old 12-26-2006, 02:32 PM
ntractv
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to ntractv

I had a wonderful Christmas. Santa was very good to me this year.

Samsung 40" Flat Panel LCD HDTV
Panasonic HDMIA DVD Player with Surround Sound Stereo System
HealthoMeter Heated Massaging Chair
Complete DVD Family Guy Series

A lot of other personal gifts, but those were the biggies.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Rod3
Intellectual

Zen Vision M (which I love!) and money to get a Wii when it is in stock.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:27 PM
SteveHoward999
Pontificator

My wife realises that tech toys are my thing. Gifts included an 8Gb CF card for my aging PDA, and eBooks :-)

Old 12-26-2006, 03:46 PM
TMAN
Ponderer

I got my fiance an 8GB iPod Nano. and I got the Sony LocationFree Player for Pocket PC from Pocket Gear for my 6700.
Current: iPhone, HTC AdvantagePast: 200LX,Newton 120,MP 2100,PalmPilot,Velo1, 620LX,660LX,HP's 680,690,568,REX5000,TriPad,Clio-1050,z50,E-115,E-125,Visor Prism,Aero 2130, iPAQs 3650,3670,3850,3870,5450, Toshiba e740, 128MB iPAQ 3970, iPAQ 5555, Treo 600, Treo 650, PPC-6700

Old 12-26-2006, 04:24 PM
hamishmacdonald
Thinker

I got cards for donations to local charities, and others got Oxfam gifts from me. My family finally went along with my wish that we not respond to external pressure to overspend, but instead focus on being with each other and try to make things a little better for someone else.

Of course we all cheated, but the gifts we bought were little tokens.

I feel better about the holiday this year than I have in a long time.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:07 PM
masaki
Ponderer

:mrgreen:

Samsung 42" Plasma
New headlights for Jetta
New parts to upgrade my MCE with
EVGA Ge-Force 7900GTX
Motorola 27Km range walkie talkies
Xbox HD DVD drive
Lots of chocolate
A shirt and a tie
Starbucks gift cards

For my family...I got my mom crystals decorations. My mom grew out of Beanie Babies and absolutely love those tiny crystal creatures now. For my dad, I got a warning not to buy him anything lol. My dad'd rather have me save money than buy him stuff. I got him his favorite TV animal documentary series on DVD though. I just put them on the DVD shelf as if they had already been there For my dog, I got him lots of treats that's enough to last about 3 months also some squeaky toys. 3am this morning I was woken up by his toy's squeakiness as he was playing with one in his tent in my room. For my brother and sister, it was a mutual agreement that we don't spend on each other but a Christmas card. Still, they might just find some unopened DVDs on the shelf. For my 4-year-old nephew, I got him a robot dino toy. He absolutely loves it and as soon as he opened it, he forgot who I was. He looked at me trying to say "Thank you <blank>......" LOL For my goddaughter, I got her an iPod and accessories which I succeeded in fooling her into thinking she wasn't getting one. I swear I've never seen her that surprised when she unwrapped the lasso ties and the tens of layers of paper I had skillfully duct taped her presents with haha.. it was fun. At work, we were able to raise more than $8000 for a family in adopt-a-family this Christmas. Now that was cool.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Steve Jordan
Thinker

We were supposed to be having a light Xmas this year, not a lot of gifts. So what did we do? Give each other one expensive gift each! But my expensive item was a leather coat, no electronics this year (unless you count the Chronicles of Narnia DVD).

That's okay... my gifts to myself were extending my wireless plan and getting a free RAZR phone... and a battery back-up for my Toshiba PPC, to extend my remote e-book reading time.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:15 PM
blazingwolf
Theorist

I got a new Zune. Black. :mrgreen: