Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 12-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Nurhisham Hussein
Contributing Editor
Default Napster Mobile Invades Europe

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06...ermobile_1.html

"Napster will launch its first mobile download service for Europe in Ireland later this month on Telef�nica's O2 Ireland network. Customers will have access to Napster Mobile's catalog of 3 million songs, ring tones, and artist images. Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, which is hosting and managing the service for O2, will provide other content."

Napster is taking another step towards rehabilitating its image as a legitimate music provider by tapping into the mobile download market. Personally, as someone who still uses default ringtones (hey, with all the customisation going on, that almost counts as having a custom ringtone anyway!) and who thinks music comes in albums, this really isn't up my alley. But I'm not so blind as to ignore that music and ringtone downloads are popular with many, and Napster could very well be tapping into a lucrative, under-served market. Napster Mobile will initially be made available only through I-mode enabled handsets, though java and WAP compatibility is expected to follow. No news yet on pricing or further expansion to other countries, but I imagine it'll only be a matter of time.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:19 AM
tom dunne
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to tom dunne

They are being suspiciously quiet about it over here. I did see an add for this service on the train, but I haven't read anything about it (apart from here!) nor heard anything about it.

As an O2 customer, I would certainly be interested, but it of course depends on their pricing. If they can price it competitively with iTunes, I will be one of their best customers.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:35 PM
davidjmartinez
Neophyte
Default Great Mobile

This mobile is really great to watch