Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2006, 04:03 PM
dynamicfigure
Neophyte
Default iPAQ 6945 GPS/Cell Phone options

I am ready to make my first PDA purchase. I have pretty much decided to get the HP iPAQ 6945. I am still confused about some of the options. Can someone explain to me how the GPS works. I am getting a different story from everyone I ask. I have been told everything is included in your initial purchase and that I will incur no additional fees of any sort. I have been told that you only get a free trial of the software, then have to purchase. I have heard that there is a monthly service fee like with your cell carrier. I have heard that GPS Navigation and free Microsoft Pocket Streets downloads are available. I have heard that in order to perform GPS navigation, a software application and maps must be purchased separately. I have heard enough to really confuse me. what is the real deal here?

Cell phone question. I have been told that I can simply remove my sim card from my current phone (T Mobile), insert it in the iPAQ and it will work with no type of assistance or fees from my carrier. Is this true?

Any help here will be greatly appreciated!