Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default CorePlayer: The New TCPMP

http://coreplayer.corecodec.org/

TCPMP has a new look, a new name, and new functionality. CorePlayer, as it is now known, supports more codecs than ever before. Unfortunately, it lacks AVRCP support, though we can probably expect this to be fixed in a future update. It's worth noting that unlike previous TCPMP releases which were free, CorePlayer costs $24.99, but that goes toward supporting the efforts of the developer in producing this great application. If you're interested in purchasing it, visit our affiliate software store.

UPDATE: Want to save $5 off the price? Use the coupon code ppcthoughts when buying the software at MobiHand.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:25 PM
bkerrins
Intellectual

Wow. If it makes my HW6945 screen that big, I'd be loving life!

Old 10-17-2006, 07:10 PM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph
Default Re: CorePlayer: The New TCPMP

It would be nice if there was a Trial version.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
BetaBoy
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to BetaBoy Send a message via AIM to BetaBoy Send a message via MSN to BetaBoy

Hey all.... Just wanna thank Jason and the rest of the crew at PPCT... I will get Jason a discount coupon for the PPCT community.

A few notes on CorePlayer 1.0

- We found a bug right before the release that prevented us releasing it with the 'options' menu. So rather then delay the launch we opted to just omit it for now. So we will push the new build to our Core Account holders on Thursday/Friday.

- Palm users suffer the most with this as it is not easy to 'just' remove teh options menu. So the Palm version is delayed till Thursday/Friday.

So right now we have PocketPC/Windows Mobile released.... in about an hour we will have Smartphone all will be featured on http://mobihand.com for the short terma dn by next week our in house ecommerce will be in place to purchase it from our in house store.

Speaking of later today we will move in and launch the v1.0 of www.CorePlayer.com

Old 10-17-2006, 07:17 PM
BetaBoy
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to BetaBoy Send a message via AIM to BetaBoy Send a message via MSN to BetaBoy
Default Re: CorePlayer: The New TCPMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by griph
It would be nice if there was a Trial version.
The trial version will be available in a few weeks (we are targeting Dec 4th) as we are also timing its launch with BetaPlayer 1.0.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Eugenia
Ponderer
Send a message via ICQ to Eugenia Send a message via AIM to Eugenia Send a message via MSN to Eugenia Send a message via Yahoo to Eugenia Send a message via Skype™ to Eugenia

I personally need AVRCP support in addition to A2DP, but most importantly, I need "gapless playback". Without it, it's impossible to listen properly to live albums or albums like "The Dark Side of the Moon". Also, the ability to turn off the screen AND lock the hardware buttons when do so is much needed.

Other than that, it seems like a very good app.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:57 PM
BetaBoy
Pupil

CorePlayer Mobile for Windows Smartphone now released:
http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=8935

Old 10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
azhiker
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to azhiker
Default Discount?

I think I read over at Aximsite that the product would launch at $19.95. But the Mobihand has it as $24.95. That's pretty steep for a product that was free up to this point!

Any chance the discount is real? And if so, how do I qualify?

Old 10-17-2006, 08:38 PM
cab124
Intellectual

How does an app like this compare to Conduits PocketPlayer?

I recently purchased PocketPlayer 3.0, but I am alittle disappointed in it because it locks up any time I try to view a WMV file. Also, I have found the interface to be a little unintuitive. For instance, the first time I wanted to create my own playlist, it took me a while to figure out how to do it. The way I expected it to work (go to Playlists and select New Playlist) was not to be found.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:07 PM
isajoo
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to isajoo

$25...little steep... free to $9.95 would have been cool...does it really perform better than the old one...other than new look and more codec support...is there big performance improvements. still love the old one...never had any major problems with it. maybe skin supports could be a benifit.