Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 10-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default A Look at Live Anywhere for Windows Mobile

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/in...1&pb=1#more1309

"Mobile gaming is finally coming to the Windows Mobile platform in a big way. Microsoft, looking to leverage their massive Xbox Live online gaming service, will be launching "Live Anywhere" a cross-platform gaming service that will excite everyone from the casual to the hardcore gamers. Best of all, Live Anywhere will unite the mobile gamers with their desktop and Xbox 360 counterparts for the very first time."

Being a gaming geek, I've been looking forward to Microsoft's Live Anywhere service for quite some time. In a nutshell, it's an extension of the popular Xbox Live service to PCs and mobile devices. So select games, friends, messages, achievements are all made available outside the console and on to your desk or in the palm of your hand. Dan at Smartphone & Pocket PC Magazine recently scored a look at this upcoming service, and the results look great. Live Anywhere is able to leverage the power of mobile devices by supporting gamercard beaming via IR. For basic tasks such as car performance customisation in racing games, Live Anywhere handles it. And playing Xbox Live Arcade games like Bejeweled, Zuma, and Hexic, gaining achievements and having it updated on your gamer card? It's all supported. Assuming Live Anywhere is not OEM-locked, I'm looking forward to installing it on my Pocket PC and Smartphone. How about you?

Old 10-11-2006, 04:22 PM
rzanology
Sage

aaaah its a good time to be pro microsoft.

I can see it now...ps3 everywhere: you can now watch spider man 8 from your blue ray disc on your sony ericsson cell phone! :roll:

Old 10-11-2006, 10:16 PM
sixsixty
Pupil

i'm in! i love my 360.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:27 PM
fone_fanatic
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to fone_fanatic Send a message via Yahoo to fone_fanatic

how can somone hate on microsoft when they've got an incredible gaming system, mobile phone o/s thats gonna integrate the gaming system and the phone, a new computer o/s that hopefully will work seamlessly with the phone, and now Zune players..

I can't wait for live anywhere and the official release of Windows Live Messenger Mobile.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Paladin27
Ponderer

I can't wait to install this on my MDA! Now I just need to get playing some games and get my gamerscore up!

Old 10-12-2006, 05:40 PM
JTWise
Intellectual

When I first heard this announced, I thought it was cool but who would really tweak their car on their phone. Then I started playing Chomehounds and building my own Hounds (mechs). I will be reading something on a forum at work during lunch and think, "man I need to switch the grenade launcher for a HEAT rocket when i get home." it makes sense now - I would rather be tweaking my mech on the go and playing when I get some time in front of my 360.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:35 AM
galt
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to galt

No word on Live Anywhere for Windows Mobile at CES, right? Isn't that a bad sign? Has anyone heard anything about this?

Old 01-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by galt
No word on Live Anywhere for Windows Mobile at CES, right? Isn't that a bad sign? Has anyone heard anything about this?
Nothing through the media. Attendees may have seen some exclusive demos, though no guarantees. On another note, the Microsoft keynote did show off the Vista and Xbox 360 cross-platform gaming.