Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3 for Windows Vista Released

"The Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3 enables you to set up new partnerships, synchronize content and manage music, pictures and video with any Windows Mobile 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0 powered device. Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3 is only supported on builds of Windows Vista� RC1 or later."

Whether you've installed Windows Vista RC1 or RC2 (just released) for day-to-day activities or a mere poke around, you may be interested in the Windows Mobile Device Center Beta, which enables full sync support for Pocket PCs and Smartphones running Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 5.0. As always, be aware of the risks associated with the use of beta software (and I'm sure you would be, given you're using a pre-release version of Windows Vista), so be sure to backup your device and computer prior to installation. There are two versions of WMDC available for download: x86 and AMD64. If you get around to installing it and syncing your device with Windows Vista, share your thoughts here.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:40 PM
peterawest
Intellectual

OK,

I've finished installing Vista RC2 and then I installed the update from Microsoft.

All is working great with my older iPAQ 1945.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:18 AM
kamikun
Ponderer

Obvious concerns for us punters in the crowd: How backwardsly compatible is it? and Is WiFi sync available yet?

Old 10-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikun
Obvious concerns for us punters in the crowd: How backwardsly compatible is it?
As mentioned in the post, you can sync WM2003 and WM5 devices. If you have anything that runs Pocket PC 2002 or below, you're out of luck.

Quote:
and Is WiFi sync available yet?
To my understanding, no.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:22 AM
ppcinfo
Ponderer

Does it sync with Outlook (appointments, contacts, tasks, etc)? I've been holding off installing Vista RC1 until I can sync my Windows Mobile 2003 OS device with Outlook on my Desktop (like ActiveSync).

ppcinfo

Old 10-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcinfo
Does it sync with Outlook (appointments, contacts, tasks, etc)? I've been holding off installing Vista RC1 until I can sync my Windows Mobile 2003 OS device with Outlook on my Desktop (like ActiveSync).
Yes, it does. This is the final piece of the Windows Mobile + Windows Vista sync puzzle that has been missing for the past couple of months. With WMDC, you'll have full Outlook and media sync functionality and file browsing support.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Anthony Caruana
Sage

Quote:
<snip> Is WiFi sync available yet?
I think WiFi syncing is gone, never to be seen again.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:05 PM
peterg
Pupil

On the Microsoft site it doesn't say anything about Office 2007 Beta 2 or Beta 2 Technical Refresh.

Anyone running Microsoft � Windows Mobile � Device Center Beta 3 for Windows Vista with Office 2007?

Old 10-09-2006, 02:11 AM
snarfo
Neophyte
Send a message via ICQ to snarfo

I'm running Office 2007 b2tr and everything is working fine with my Axim x50v (running WM5).

Old 10-09-2006, 10:22 PM
rhernani
Neophyte
Send a message via Skype™ to rhernani

Does anybody can synchronize between SPB Finance and Microsoft money using WMDC beta 3?